Cowon A3 Back from the DEAD....duh
Jan 23, 2008 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jamess71

500+ Head-Fier
Well after using the A3 for a day and a half it's dead. I heard a pop and saw the screen flash white while listening to it. Now it won't turn on. It's fully charged, minus about an hour. I've tried the reset, no luck. It's going back to newegg.
mad.gif
I guess I'll try the iriver or sony after all.

James

Jan 23, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 8
Or try another A3. Just because one broke doesn't mean they often will. You can always get an iRiver the second go.

Jan 23, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by deliverinsanity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon's customer service is all right from what I've heard (never got to use it myself though [thankfully]), but yeah, why not consider something else? :p

I would at least give the original product a second try. If the second one breaks then try something else. I mean, there must have been some reason you chose to go with the A3 over the others in the first place.

I've never understood people who had a product break/fail early on and so they refuse to try any more of them and then use that as a way to blanket the whole company as making bad products (I've seen people buy the cheapest product a company makes, which wouldn't work and then say they'll never buy any product from that company again because of it). With any given product (be it electronics, cars, or even food), there is a possibility of getting a bad one.

Jan 24, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #6 of 8
Maybe order it from a different place to avoid getting another A3 from the same batch. Sometimes mistakes ( on the assembly line ) are repeated over and over before they are caught. Maybe another vendor will have a different batch, older or newer. Just something to consider.

Jan 24, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #7 of 8
Well it turns out it was just the battery.
redface.gif
I can't believe it went dead so quickly. It was totally charged when I added a bunch of music to it/ with the ac adapter plugged in. I assumed it was still fully charged so after an hour or so of use when it died I didn't even consider it being the battery. I gave it a full charge, all night last night so we'll see how it goes today. I'm hoping it's just the case of new battery having to go through a few cycles for longer battery life.

James

Jan 24, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkswordsman17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would at least give the original product a second try. If the second one breaks then try something else. I mean, there must have been some reason you chose to go with the A3 over the others in the first place.

I've never understood people who had a product break/fail early on and so they refuse to try any more of them and then use that as a way to blanket the whole company as making bad products (I've seen people buy the cheapest product a company makes, which wouldn't work and then say they'll never buy any product from that company again because of it). With any given product (be it electronics, cars, or even food), there is a possibility of getting a bad one.

No-no, I'm not saying you Cowon is a bad company, afterall I did say their customer service was ok
smily_headphones1.gif

I used to (well, I still have it) own an A2, and it's a terrific PMP, still one of the best out there. A bit bulky though, got kinda tired of carrying it around with me all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back