Cowon A2 problem
Nov 6, 2007 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Joeywhat

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone had their Cowon A2 suddenly stop working? I went to turn it on one day, and it wouldn't. No lights, even when charging (although the battery still gets warm). I can't get it to do a single damn thing.

I've read of a lot of people being able to bring theirs back to life, and was seeing if anyone else had any luck. I'd rather not return it unless necessary since I know it'll take almost a month. Plus, with my luck the HDD will come back erased.

Nov 7, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 3
Try using the reset button first. You just need to unbend a small paper clip and press it into the little hole marked "reset". That should bring it back.

Also, try connecting it to your PC to see if you can still use it as a drive. Sometimes that's helped me bring mine back to life.

It's definitely a strange issue. I've had that problem before. But yeah, if all else fails, the reset button should bring it back.

Nov 7, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 3
I forgot to mention that I tried the reset button and connecting to computer via USB. Nothing.

The only life I've seen out of it was a red light a day ago, usually on when charging...although it wasn't charging, and when the charger was on, the light turned off. That lasted for about 5 minutes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back