Cowin E7 Pro Wireless Bluetooth Headset
Jul 26, 2018 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

StarTreker

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone! :)

For those who don't know me, I am a bass head, which is why I purchased the JVC SZ1000E headphones, and a Fiio A3 amp to power them heavy suckers. I've been on a mission to rattle my head to submission using them cans, and I love every minute of it! Having said that, I got them for home use, and are not really designed to be portable, and their need for an amp. Now I know that there are going to be some out there who will dispute that and tell me, "I love my monster cans, and I take them and my amp everywhere I go." Well good for you! I personally don't like the weight of the JVC SZ1000 or 2000 on your head for portable use, neither do I really want to take the amp with me everywhere I go.

Since I do love over ear cans however, I decided that I would go for something a little lighter in weight, but still big enough to produce some good sound, while being wireless, I don't have to have a wire snag on something. I chose the Cowin E7 Pro's, because I felt that they would be the best balance of weight, sound, and affordable cost. You can buy them for around 80 dollars online. The Cowin E7 Pro's have 45mm drivers, and have a frequency response of 20HZ to 20KHZ. They have a rated 30-hour battery life with the 800MAH battery, before needing to be recharged via the USB micro cable. They do come with noise canceling technology, but are tuned for use in airplanes only, so that is where that technology will shine.

They come with the USB charging cable, as well as the 3.5mm AUX cable, so you can continue to use the cans when the battery runs out. The cans use pleather material for the pads as well as the head band, and the cans are designed to swivel as well. By no means do I believe that these cans are capable of going up against my JVC SZ's, however, the 45mm drivers do provide some quality sound and good bass for their frequency response levels. The highs are more predominant then the JVC's. And while most cheaper brands of cans usually muddy the bass up, and cause spill over into the mid range, muddying them up as well, these cans do not do that. The bass is not the best in these cans, but they are pretty good.

Mid range is surprisingly solid for these cans at this price point as well. Guitars and vocals come out really well. These cans are not necessarily for bass heads like me, but they provide the best of both worlds, for the portable on the go. And considering that these are being self amplified by the built in battery powered op-amp, I think these cans handle themselves quite well. I have never been an in ear bud lover, like so many people are these days. I like quality sound, but I don't like sticking things inside my ears to do it. lol The plastic construction of the cans is not the best, but certainly not the worst! And if you care about form, I must admit, these cans have an awesome look to them.

Comfortability wise, the pads on these things are pretty good for not being the HM5 sheepskin pads. It also comes with a nice hardshell case. So, who am I recommending these cans to? I think these cans or headset, is best suited for people who like ROCK, POP, PUNK, REGGAE, SOUL, COUNTRY, and FOLK. And while they will sound ok with HIP HOP, RAP, RNB, DUBSTEP, they will likely leave some to be desired due to lack of sound reproduction. However, the sound stage is pretty good with them, so ultimately, its your decision weather to buy them or not. For me, these were exactly what I was looking for. Pictures bellow.. :L3000:

IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0182.JPG
IMG_0184.JPG
IMG_0186.JPG
IMG_0188.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0193.JPG
IMG_0194.JPG
IMG_0195.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread