Cowboy Bebop
Dec 21, 2003 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Whitebread

1000+ Head-Fier
I just ordered the Cowboy Bebop Box set (import) from here

Who else likes cowboy bebop?

Dec 21, 2003 at 5:28 PM Post #2 of 19
I have the first OST and Vitaminless, which have all the tracks I enjoy the most. Love the style to it.

Dec 22, 2003 at 12:47 AM Post #4 of 19
Yeah, I always wanted it, but my dad would normally complain about me spending money. It's the holidays now (big whoop) so he will let me spend money.

Feb 1, 2004 at 3:20 PM Post #7 of 19
There's a difference between the import one and the USA version. IIRC, the import has the 5th cd and the US or english language version has 13+3. My box set as the 13+3 and doesn't look pirated to me. Has legit companies printed on the case and CDs, sounds good and looks good. the printing is quality and in insert is good. Plus I paid 30 bucks for mine. And I'm happy.

Feb 1, 2004 at 3:50 PM Post #8 of 19
Well I asked the same question to Japanimation & got the following reply. I don't think there's such a thing as a US release version or an import version. There is only ONE box set. I'm glad you enjoyed it & if people want to buy it it's their choice but they should buy it knowing if it's legit or not.
BTW, there are many sets of these on eBay going for around US$20.00.

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:29:28 -0800 (PST)
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Reply-To: jstore@japanimation.com

No, it doesn't. It only has 4 disc. We used to carry the genunine Japanese limited edition, but it's already sold out. The copy we have is from another Asian version.

--
Find all your anime needs at http://japanimation.com/jstore
JSTORE -- the Japanimation Store

--- kaiwei <kaiwei@post1.com> wrote:
Hi,

Does the Cowboy Bebop: Limited CD Box Set comes with the 5th 8cm miniCD &
the 52 page booklet in Japanese?

The 5th CD includes the following tracks.
8 CM MINI-CD
Songs:
Wandering Cowboy (Tank! with vocals), sung by Aoi "Ed" Tada
Fascinating Horse Riding, sung by Ebara "Andy" Masashi
Wandering Cowboy, karaoke version, sung with Ein

Information gathered from here
http://www.jazzmess.com/merch/cds/box/index.html

This is regarding this product.
http://www.japanimation.com/cgi-lbin.../cd-bebop.html

kaiwei

Feb 1, 2004 at 5:49 PM Post #10 of 19
No I didn't. I have some different asian release. It's different than the one CD now carries and the cover is white. I got a 4 or 5 page insert wth some lyrics and some stuff in japanese (I'm assuming it's japanese, it's come kinda orential language).

Feb 2, 2004 at 1:47 AM Post #11 of 19
Future reference to all - if you see "ALCA" in the catalog number of a CD or CD set, it is a bootleg. There are many more of these, but I don't have the time to make a complete list. No question that set was a bootleg. We actually had a discussion about this very subject not too long ago, in the Member's Lounge iirc.

I have the first OST, by the by. Yoko Kanno is probably my favorite composer.

Feb 2, 2004 at 2:26 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by strohmie
Future reference to all - if you see "ALCA" in the catalog number of a CD or CD set, it is a bootleg. There are many more of these, but I don't have the time to make a complete list. No question that set was a bootleg. We actually had a discussion about this very subject not too long ago, in the Member's Lounge iirc.

I have the first OST, by the by. Yoko Kanno is probably my favorite composer.

No question mine is a bootleg? No where does it say ALCA. meh............

Feb 2, 2004 at 2:37 AM Post #13 of 19
Our Price: $49.95
Availability: Y
Part#: ALCA-8032_5

That is the page you linked. ALCA is "Alion" which is a Taiwanese bootleg company. Trust me on this.

Feb 2, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #14 of 19
Actually, I didn't buy that copy. They didn't have any left in stock so I ordered form another place. Although, it says made in Taiwan in the back so I think the copy I got is a bootleg anyway. O well.

Feb 2, 2004 at 3:01 AM Post #15 of 19
I'm not supporting piracy nor am I saying people should not buy this. But they should buy it knowing what they're getting into. It's really too bad the original set is no longer available. Anyone knows where we can still get the original set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back