Cowan S9 or Sony NWZX1060B
Sep 27, 2009 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Karlos

Head-Fier
Hi guys

Looking to upgrade my current 8g Sony portable to one with more storage, and I have always found the advice here to be fantastic.

I have heard good things about both of these units and would like to hear the opinions of those who have trialled them

Sound quality is the key here for me so for those of you who have owned or at least had the chance to audition both of these what do you think is the best option.

Experience of these units rather than simply brand biased opinions please

Thanks in advance

Sep 27, 2009 at 10:21 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi. You should check out techfreakazoid's comparison between the two.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5899929-post1.html

It's a very comprehensive review so you should find something useful in it. I had the S9 for a while and decided to keep the Sony X, but the S9 is a very good player with a ton of tweakable sound settings to play around with. I just happened to prefer the X sound which placed vocals slightly more forward than the S9, and sounded more open and 3D to me with my W3.

Sep 27, 2009 at 11:17 AM Post #3 of 5
also depends what iems you have. i heard that the ie8 pairs well with the s9, since the ie8 is a bit dark and the s9 are a bit on the analytical side...

Sep 27, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks guys

I currently use a set of Denon AH C700 With my Sony NWZ818 Which is great but the capacity is maxed out
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back