Couple ?'s about new k701s
May 22, 2008 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

djembeplay

100+ Head-Fier
I've been listening to some new K701s for about a week and a half now and I can hear the burn-in process mellowing them out slowly.

I'm just wondering... I hear this buzz in my right channel... sometimes very apparent and sometime not at all, depending on the song. It seems to only happen at a certain frequency (something low). Is this common for new K701s during the break-in period? Will this go away?

I'm also wondering if there's any advantage to buying from an authorized dealer besides the warrenty. I bought these for $250 and they were sealed and looked brand new... but now I'm worried they were B-stock or something and that I should have just paid more for an authorized dealer. What do you guys think?

May 22, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #7 of 9
Yeah your source and AMP may very well be the problem. I noticed when breaking my 701's in that they sounded fine, but the more hours on them the harder they became to drive well, the more the Bass flattened out and started to buzz.

May 22, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #8 of 9
Wow, really? Well... it's tough to tell right now b/c I just got a Zero amp/DAC yesterday and it's still burning in. The problem actually seemed to be slightly less after just some initial burn-in yesterday.

It only happens at a very narrow frequency... otherwise is sounds like gold...

May 23, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #9 of 9
It could also be your 1/8" adaptor plug. The one that came with my K701s didn't seem to want to stay tightly connected to the input jack on the Headroom Micro amp/DAC I have in for review. I'd get low volume, scratcy sound and ahost of other problems that made me think my K701s were defective. Then I swapped it out with the one form my K601s and volia' problem solved. Your problem could be as simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back