couple of quick questions re: UE11s
Aug 24, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #16 of 25
sent you a PM
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bingo. If you have Triple .fi's and SE530's already, honestly I say dont bother with the 11's. They don't sound $1,150 better than either of those headphones. They sound better than both of them sure, but they sound about 25-30% better to my ears, which imo is not worth the price leap. If you buy them, sell both of your other pairs to contribute to the proceeds.

25-30% is a huge diffrent!!!!!! for this i would surly pay 1150$!!!!!!!!

Aug 29, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #18 of 25
How do UE11 compared to Ultrasone Edition 9 ?
I was wondering since the price between them is almost the same.

I am currently using Ultrasone Edition 9 for portable through Xin Macro 4 amp & I like them very very much but the problem is the jack of the Ultrasone Edition 9 so I ordered Xin reference ( but the waiting is still on ) & my H340 battery lifespan is shortening after 4 years of usage.

I was thinking of recabling the Ultrasone Edition 9 to small jack but too bad it only can be done in US.

I was thinking of changing my H340. Thinking of Iaudio & at the same time
tempted to get the UE11 Pro.

Heard that UE11 Pro is the nearest to headphone sound.

Thanks.

Aug 30, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #20 of 25
I would say that the sound signatures are very similar between the E9 and the UE11 with two notable exceptions: UE11 has a slightly more forward midrange and perhaps more crispy & accurate sounding also. I feel that the UE11 must have this edge because you have a perfect seal and virtually nothing stopping you from getting exactly what these 4 drivers were engineered to do.

Funnily enough, even after some 7 months of chasing my fit on the UE11, I still haven't attained it. UE has been great, though, working with me through it the whole way. I have a feeling that once I find my perfect fit, I'll prefer the UE11 not just for their portability, but for the sound and the comfort. (E9 does cramp my (tiny!) ears a bit -- even with the "cable mod").

Sep 1, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #21 of 25
How does the to-ing and fro-ing with UE work with their custom 'phones?

I ask because I'm based in the UK and can imagine that sending a pair in each direction might get costly quickly and be a massive pain in the bum with customs (mind the pun!).

Sep 1, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #22 of 25
Jeanette at UE will make sure you get a good fit if you're not satisfied. You only need to pay to ship the phones to them. They will take care of the rest.

Sep 1, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuwidol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She would if you could get hold of her..

How long have you been waiting Nuwidol? Just to echo my own experience I had to wait about 3-4 working days before they replied. I think they only have 2 people on support. Anyways, once they did everything was sorted out rather quickly and professionally. Then again all I wanted was a replacement cable... I'd probably have been more restless had I dropped 700ish?
regular_smile .gif

sorry to go off topic OP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back