Counterstrike players?
May 7, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #16 of 30
i play on a 24/7 dust server quite a bit: 69.90.208.8:27015 my username changes a lot, but its always caps and it always makes some chronic smoking reference
icon10.gif

rj

May 7, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #17 of 30
I vote that you guys should play on my friends css server 63.251.173.180:27015 it will be good times. sorry for the shameless advertising but we need people to play with. Anyone with a z0rz tag is cool mainly Zanz0rz or me Evanz0rz.

May 7, 2005 at 10:54 PM Post #20 of 30
I just started playing about five months ago and love CS as well. I have never played the single-player missions before and don't think I need to because of the diversity of online playing. Having said that, the one huge draw-back to on-line playing is to read and listen to all the profanity and meaningless squabbling opponents and team members produce every five seconds of every round. It is extremely irritating. I didn't realize the amount of immaturity that existed in our society and abroad. Do people realize it’s just a “video game”? (Rhetorical?) Most servers try to keep it under control but I believe it to be a futile effort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean
I play source, its really fun at ties, but I find myself getting burned out on the same maps. You can only play dust so many times.

I frequent the BlackHawkDown server the majority of the time. There are new, interesting, and creative maps popping up all the time. So, if you’re interested check it out.

May 8, 2005 at 1:18 AM Post #21 of 30
I also used to play competitively in 1.6. Made it to Cal-M before school and other activities took over.

May 8, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #23 of 30
I play source too, I can't stand 1.6 anymore after playing source (yes, I'm a graphics whore). Been playing since beta 5.2, back when I had V600s and thought they were the best.
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2005 at 12:49 AM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
playing 1.6 alot, but finally Re-Dled DoD so im playing that **** like crazy

Dod:S is taking forrrrrrrrever....and it better be changed to free. I heard that only Platinum or Gold package or whatever can access it once its available.

For a long time, 1.6 > CS:S for me. I couldn't get used to the :S models and change in height. Everything was pretty much redone. Even the colt looked like a toy airsoft gun or something. Now CS:S > 1.6. Can't leave the S graphics now too.

I still miss 1.0+ though, when strafing and midair mp5 could own rifle users all day and night.

May 9, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #27 of 30
I play CS:Source occasionally, but for some reason it seemed smoother on my Athlon XP-M @ 1.6ghz, 512MB RAM, and AIW 9600 pro than on my A64 @ 1.8ghz, 1GB RAM, and 6600GT, only difference being texture detail on high instead of medium...
confused.gif

I generally average about a 1:1 kill:death ratio.

May 9, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by petery83
I play CS:Source occasionally, but for some reason it seemed smoother on my Athlon XP-M @ 1.6ghz, 512MB RAM, and AIW 9600 pro than on my A64 @ 1.8ghz, 1GB RAM, and 6600GT, only difference being texture detail on high instead of medium...
confused.gif

I generally average about a 1:1 kill:death ratio.

Hm, my friend on 6600GT also gets less FPS, compared to my 9800pro on a slower CPU. I heard from Tomshardware or somewhere that on max eye candy ATi cards are supposed to run HL2 better than Nvidia..(wasn't HL2 created with ATi as main testing cards? .. i dun remember) Anyways, you might want to drop the AA/AF lower, or completely on the 6600GT system. The GT is supposed to blow away the 9800 in a lot of other newer games though.

May 9, 2005 at 8:07 AM Post #29 of 30
I think I'm like the only person who doesn't like source. I find it that it just doesnt have that fun factor that 1.6 had. Source feels to "constricted" and the maps seem smaller and darker.

May 9, 2005 at 7:03 PM Post #30 of 30
Glad to know there are some other CS source addicts.

I am on most every night, if only for a few minutes. I will check out some of the servers you guys suggested. I may see you online. Look for Pale_Horse.

Frag ya later!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back