Counterfeit fake IE 80 ie80 on eBay! Pay attention
Oct 24, 2012 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

lumias

New Head-Fier
Currently I am using some "Beginner" UE headphones and thinking to upgrade.
I almost pay this guy for a counterfeit IE80. I am so lucky that I found this site and the post http://www.head-fi.org/t/609122/anyone-have-tips-on-recognizing-a-fake-ie80/30 really helps!!!

Back to the topic
Here's the ebay seller with a 99% positive feedback. People are hard to tell whether this guy is selling a real one or counterfeit from his rating. Thanks to the photos he uploaded for his item. I can tell the difference between the one he's selling and the real one, even I don't have an actual one at the moment.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Sennheiser-IE-80-Brand-new-in-ear-headphones?item=140871921896&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2961554928605186351#ht_4151wt_1397

See the letter "S" on the case, it's angled instead of being curved.
See the Box, the bottom section is much thinner than the real one.
See the letter "d" in "sound". There's no space between it and the upper paragraph.

I hope people are aware of it as these have been sold for a while. I believed some had already bought it.
The best we can do is to report it. I already did and I hope you can give me a hand, eliminate these evil Chinese seller.

Oct 24, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #4 of 16
You've got to apply common sense and look at the flags. Sennheiser from a Chinese seller long after their release (when fakes abound), English rather than local packaging, only selling IE80's, private feedback, cheap.

Oct 24, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #6 of 16
Lourdes, earlier

herculepoirot.jpg

Oct 24, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #8 of 16
I still don't understand why anybody would ever buy the IE8/IE80 from eBay. International or domestic shipping there is always a very high chance you are paying for a fake, even if it is reasonably priced and domestic shipping.

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:
I still don't understand why anybody would ever buy the IE8/IE80 from eBay. International or domestic shipping there is always a very high chance you are paying for a fake, even if it is reasonably priced and domestic shipping.

true

its not that hard to get one frm an authorized dealer
go to the amazon site for germany, type in ie80, and buy from sennheiser
very cheap also- $270, compared to the other dealers

Oct 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #11 of 16
I ordered mine from Amazon UK (sold by Amazon EU) and I can confirm it's authentic, many people have purchased from Amazon Germany and Italy as well.  There is really no reason to buy from Ebay IMO (RazorDog does sell on ebay and he is an authorized dealer, though his prices are MSRP officially).  Keep in mind that the prices you see on Amazon websites includes VAT, which is not applicable if you are outside the EU so consider that your price after international shipping.

Oct 25, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:
I ordered mine from Amazon UK (sold by Amazon EU) and I can confirm it's authentic, many people have purchased from Amazon Germany and Italy as well.  There is really no reason to buy from Ebay IMO (RazorDog does sell on ebay and he is an authorized dealer, though his prices are MSRP officially).  Keep in mind that the prices you see on Amazon websites includes VAT, which is not applicable if you are outside the EU so consider that your price after international shipping.

Well, if you live outside USA, UK, then amazon doesnt ship, so do many retailers online. So, ebay is the only option for many..

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #14 of 16
I actually bid on those because I knew they had to be fakes and thought it would be fun to compare the real deal to the fakes as my fake pair of beats are identical to the real ones and there is no sound difference that I could tell of but one the bidding started to get high I backed out as even a good pair of fakes are not worth $100.

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #15 of 16
I checked eBay a couple of months ago when purchasing my IE80s. I was finding some great deals and if it weren't for this site, I would have purchased a set there. Not from this seller but they had to be fake for the price. I ended up paying full price from a dealer but I just had to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back