Counterfeit ATH-ESW9A? Also, can I get a price check?
Jun 17, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #16 of 21
How much is he selling it for?
And since he's in your neighborhood, you should ask to try them.

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much is he selling it for?
And since he's in your neighborhood, you should ask to try them.

I might, he's actually really close to me.
He didn't list a price for the 3 headphones and nothing else but I'd probably put it a little under $200 each.

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #18 of 21
If you're getting them for under $200, they are fakes, and as others have mentioned, if you're buying headphones just to flip them here, it's against forum policies period. I'm not trying to get on your case here (okay, maybe I am), but I do feel somewhat protective of this community since I value it. It's been a concern of mine and others for awhile that due to the influx of fakes products on ebay, and the unwillingness of certain members to pay attention to warnings (just want a too-good-to-be-true deal), they are being passed on to members here, both knowingly and unknowingly, and destroys the integrity and goodwill of this community. By starting this thread, I can see you're trying to be on the up-and-up, but since flipping headphones is not allowed at all here, fake or real, unless you plan on selling these pairs elsewhere, I'd wouldn't bother even trying, and unless you want some sub-par headphones yourself (not worth what you'd be paying), I don't understand why you're continuing to consider it.

Jun 17, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #19 of 21
But if they are genuine and shows proof he's selling it for the exact same price he's buying them for, then there shouldn't be any harm.

Jun 17, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #20 of 21
Do you really think an authorized dealer (one who would know the price of these headphones) is going to sell some random guy "a small lot" of genuine ESW9s for under $200 each? Seriously. It also sounds like this new member doesn't have experience with real ESW9s. How will he prove to us that they are genuine if he doesn't know? How will he prove what he really paid for them? And since he asked what we thought he could get for them in his opening post, he is looking to flip. Wishful thinking doesn't = reality, and if he wants to take the risk, fine and dandy, but I know I'm not alone when I say I will be watching the fs forum here.

EDIT: and since the op has already determined that the seller is not an authorized dealer, where did he get cheap, genuine ESW9s he wants to sell in lots to random guys?

Jun 17, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #21 of 21
Yeah, I guess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back