Counter Strike Lovers?
Nov 14, 2003 at 1:33 AM Post #16 of 23
It depends on the computer actually. One sensitivity for one comp wont work too well with another comp. It also depends on the resolution you play at and whether or not you use mouse acceleration or not. At the internet cafe I go to sometimes, I use 2.485.
tongue.gif

[size=xx-small]Gawd I sound like a geek![/size]

Nov 14, 2003 at 2:19 AM Post #17 of 23
I've used mainly the A900, and to a lesser extent the HD-590, playing UT2K3 and BF42. Both phones work quite well for games, but I like the A900 better since it's closed and lessens the fan noise.
They both have good imaging and a big soundstage to pinpoint the bad guys. Just a little while ago, I did some long distance AAA work and downed a German plane aiming just by the sound in BF42- Secret Weapons of WWII, he was behind some clouds and I guess I lead him just right.
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2003 at 3:12 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Ha, you're lucky you havent played EverQuest then Patrick. CS is nothing compared to EQ as far as addictiveness goes.

No kidding, I just got off of Crack-Strike so I'm sure as heck not going to give Evercrack a shot.
tongue.gif

About the mouse sensitivity issue don't forget an obvious difference--whether a person uses a mousepad or not. Mousepads slow down the mouse which requires the sensitivity to be set higher. Myself, I can't play without a mousepad--it feels too loose without one.

Nov 14, 2003 at 4:04 AM Post #19 of 23
you guys are crazy! i played CAL-M and won several LAN tourneys, and with a sens like 5+ i wouldnt be able to get ANY hs! use a really low one - depending on the computer. I just make it so one full swipe of the pad is a 180 degree turn. perfect for HS - you dont really need to use the mouse that much if you play well
smily_headphones1.gif

As for headphones - i use plantronics DSP-500s. Very well reguarded in the CS community, but compared to anything here they blow. For CS they rule because:

-They are USB and have a built in soundcard that is incredible for CS
-have decent soundstage
-have a good attached mic which rocks for voicecomm. mmmm cs, old habits die hard.

Nov 14, 2003 at 4:16 AM Post #21 of 23
lucky. i blew at jedi night
frown.gif
come to think of it, i blow at every vid game cept for HL based ones. I play halo, and all i say is "dude if i had a mouse and keyboard i would own your head."

Nov 14, 2003 at 4:25 AM Post #22 of 23
I play cs. I play in several online leagues and travel to LAN events for prize money. Its quite competitive at high skill levels, the teamwork and aim is unparalleled.

HD600 here. Sound positioning is so good I can hit people thru walls with ease. Sound makes a HUGE difference, especially in CS. I'm sure in other games as well.

Nov 14, 2003 at 4:48 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by akio
you guys are crazy! i played CAL-M and won several LAN tourneys, and with a sens like 5+ i wouldnt be able to get ANY hs! use a really low one - depending on the computer. I just make it so one full swipe of the pad is a 180 degree turn. perfect for HS - you dont really need to use the mouse that much if you play well
smily_headphones1.gif

As for headphones - i use plantronics DSP-500s. Very well reguarded in the CS community, but compared to anything here they blow. For CS they rule because:

-They are USB and have a built in soundcard that is incredible for CS
-have decent soundstage
-have a good attached mic which rocks for voicecomm. mmmm cs, old habits die hard.

DSP-500s are cursed to break, they work great WHILE they work ( mic is the clearest I ever had ) mine worked for some odd 4 months before they randomly broke after I restarted my comp.

other popular headphones for cs:

sennheiser pc-150 ( currently being reguarded as the "best" headset, the winning point on these seems to be that they don't break after 3 months, and of course, they are from sennheiser)

hd 570/590 ( easy to drive and comfy, why not )

hd 580/600 ( I have no idea why people use these directly from their soundcard, I can't even get mine to a nice listenable level )

sony mdr-v600s ( MAN I HAVE NO IDEA WHY; ksharp,morgan, fatal1ty and a hand full of other players use these for some reason)

hd-280

Users who are viewing this thread

Back