Counter strike help
Mar 13, 2005 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Feanor

1000+ Head-Fier
I have a couple of counter-strike questions.

1. How do you record a demo?

2. Is there any command that stops the program from dowloading server-specific custom sound files? I am sick of waiting 5 mins to join in because somebody thought haveing swearwords in sound is funny.

Thanks, Akos

Mar 13, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #2 of 6
1. Type "record <name of ur demo>" in console to record. Type "stop" or just quit the game to stop your demo. It will appear in your cstrike folder.

2. No, I believe you need those files to play on the respective servers. I could be wrong.
icon10.gif

head-fi is a weird place to be asking about cs. ever heard of gotfrag.com?

Mar 13, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 6
Warning n00b Counter Strike question ahead:

I bought the Half Life 2 collectors edition and it came with Counter Strike: Source. I was interested in playing it until I realized that it's online only, is there a single player campaign? Or do I have to buy a retail version?

Mar 13, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject

I bought the Half Life 2 collectors edition and it came with Counter Strike: Source. I was interested in playing it until I realized that it's online only, is there a single player campaign? Or do I have to buy a retail version?

No, CS is an online game. There might be some kind of campain addon, but not in the main game.

Thanks for the tip, demos are good for getting cheaters.

Mar 14, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by chia-pet
head-fi is a weird place to be asking about cs.

Considering some of the posts that come up here regularly, I think CS is just fine.
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject

see if counter-strike: condition zero comes with your hl2 package. granted it's still counter-strike based off the hl1 engine, it's single player counter-strike and perhaps what you're looking for. i believe you get it if you buy the silver (or higher) package online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back