Couldn't resist! Darn it head-fi!
Oct 23, 2007 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

djork

100+ Head-Fier
Just walked into a shop and bought a HD650... my wallet feels so light. sigh...

Oct 23, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #3 of 22
Hi IPodPJ. According to the exchange rate now, I paid roughly about US$358 for them. Bought them in Hong Kong
smily_headphones1.gif

The reviews are right - despite everything, it feels like a clamp on the head.

Oct 23, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #4 of 22
Do you mean they press against your head too hard? Because I had that problem with my V700's, until I realized there's a metal band running through them and you can just bend it till it gives a little and it won't be so tight anymore.

Oh, after looking at a pic of your phones... there might not be anything you can do about that. Do people in Ireland have tiny heads or what?
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Logistics /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, after looking at a pic of your phones... there might not be anything you can do about that. Do people in Ireland have tiny heads or what?
biggrin.gif

I'm suspecting the folks in the R&D have tiny heads, or they have a thing for clamps!

Oct 23, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #6 of 22
To lessen the clamp for senn hd580-650 you pull the headphones out to the largest settings and you gently bend only the metal part between the driver and the plastic headband. Do not try to bend the plastic headband with the senn name on it!

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #9 of 22
where from hong kong did u buy them from may i ask? because i am going to hong kong soon so maybe i can find a place to buy some nice 'phones

u can pm me if you don't want to disclose :p

thanks

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by CLum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To lessen the clamp for senn hd580-650 you pull the headphones out to the largest settings and you gently bend only the metal part between the driver and the plastic headband. Do not try to bend the plastic headband with the senn name on it!

Thanks for the tip. I just did a little of that last night. I'm now burning it in while I attend lessons in the university
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:23 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecked_porsche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on getting an awesome headphone. Lucky you.
cool.gif

Its one of the headphones I'm gonna get in the future. It's on my "shopping list" in my Sig.
biggrin.gif

Still saving up for it though...
tongue.gif

While i'm not listening to it, all the research on head-fi (looking at comments and such) and looking at the box through the glass cabinet in the shop was the best part of the anticipation before the purchase.

Did a little A/B between the AKG K601 and the 650 last night. Shall make no major comments as of now. I'm sure the K601 was well burned in already. At this stage, the 650 felt more involving, not to mention the bass.. oomph.

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:28 AM Post #12 of 22
Yeah, just wear them continuously, and the clamp will go away.

Oct 23, 2007 at 8:33 AM Post #13 of 22
I just pmed nismohks a couple of locations in HK should you guys be coming over to lighten your wallets. If you want the addresses/links let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back