Could you please help me to identify this jazz track?
May 10, 2023 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nine2zz

New Head-Fier
heard this INSTRUMENTAL track only once ( yes, on the radio, in the car...) and have been looking for it for a very long time but maybe one of you has an idea:

- - it starts with 3 same notes on electric piano each strike a bit harder, the last sounded already typically overdriven, like what it does when you hit the e piano harder

(i recorded the intro 3 notes on a RHODES piano, but it also could have been a WURLITZER listen here: http://sndup.net/nszw
i recorded it in 2 different pitches, but it was just 2 or 3 strikes on ONE pitch )

- - then the electric piano plays an INTRO / SOLO

- - then from what i recall, the BRASS comes unisono (?) in - at least 2 players, maybe more, it sounded like a brass section

- - the STYLE i would say was CONTEMPORARY / energetic, direction modern UK / scandinavian jazz (but could also be from any other country)

- - it sounded like from the 2010s for me, at least "timeless", not typically "oh that's classic jazz from...". I heard it quite a few years ago, so it's not from the last 2 or 3 years.

- - it was neither FUNK nor acid jazz nor (post)bop, but rather something modern

->-> IF AT ALL, you may know it by those 2 or 3 same notes on the electric piano <- <-

thank you so much, it would be incredible if one of you could identify it

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #3 of 3
I even tried to find out asking ChatGPT :wink:
and first got answers like Herbie Hancock "Watermelon Man" etc, but asking more and more specific, there were interesting suggestions,
but neither google nor chatgpt seem to be able to search or listen through sites, lists, etc, at least chatgpt "said so".
Additionally, all i could whistle are the first 3 same notes and i couldn't do on the exact pitch, that's why i described the beginning of the track
to chatgpt as good as i could. But i still hope, that there are not too many contemporary jazz tracks, which start with those 3 notes on an electric piano,
followed by a e piano solo, followed by unisono brass section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back