Oct 6, 2023 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Enther

Head-Fier
Hello.

I would like to know the experiences of people who have had these two products:
-Moondrop Variations
-Fiio Fh9

What sonic differences are there?

It is important that it is only from people who have had both, have them, or have been able to hear them at some point.

Thank you.

Oct 7, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm very interested in the topic because I'm eyeing the Variations. While you wait for someone to provide impressions, you can check their FR compared:

1696706781894.png

They are tunned different. The FH9 has less bass emphasis, particularly in the subbass region, yet it has higher mid bass and lower trebble energy.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #3 of 4
I'm very interested in the topic because I'm eyeing the Variations. While you wait for someone to provide impressions, you can check their FR compared:

1696706781894.png
They are tunned different. The FH9 has less bass emphasis, particularly in the subbass region, yet it has higher mid bass and lower trebble energy.
I dont like graphs...i prefer honest impresions of people who tried or try both

Oct 8, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #4 of 4
I dont like graphs...i prefer honest impresions of people who tried or try both
The problem with people’s impressions is that everyone hears things differently. On top of that, IEMs fit differently on people, and it isn’t unheard of for some people to use different sized tips for their ears, like how our feet often have a 0.5-size difference.

Put it this way. I am speaking hypothetically here because I never tried either IEM you mentioned - I can say that Variations “has a sprinkling of bass and subdued mids.” But a “sprinkling” of bass means different things to different people. To one person, it means that the low end is audible. To another, it means the low end is very lacking. This is because everyone has their preferences and uses those as their personal standards.

That’s why even the most well-meaning and honest users can come across as flaming liars depending on who reads the reviews.

You know your ears the best. Ideally, testing the IEMs yourself is the most sure fire way to ensure whether you like them or not. But if you can’t, the next best thing is to use Crinacle’s graphing tool by comparing the IEMs you’re interested in with an IEM you are very familiar with. Then you can look at the graph and go “oh, this has a little more A, a little less B and as much C as my pair.” I know that graphs aren’t everything, but you’d still be a little more informed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back