Could the Fiio AM5 drive the AKG q701?
Dec 5, 2016 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Niroc

New Head-Fier
Hi,
Ive never been great at understanding what it takes in regards to driving headphones or matching amps to headphones. So I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if the Fiio AM5 would be capable of driving the AKG q701s or other similarly difficult headphones. And if so, how well?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Dec 5, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #2 of 6
The AM5 has more than enough power for those AKGs.  

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #5 of 6
I noticed you actually own both, have you used them together? How did it sound? Did it still provided the sound stage to full effect?
Thanks again.

Actually I have the E07K, which has about half the power of the AM5, and it still powers the Q701 just fine.  Do you already own the X7 or are you trying to decide if you should pick one up to power those?  Depending on your needs, there may be other more suitable options, but power won't be a problem at all with that module.

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #6 of 6
Y
Actually I have the E07K, which has about half the power of the AM5, and it still powers the Q701 just fine.  Do you already own the X7 or are you trying to decide if you should pick one up to power those?  Depending on your needs, there may be other more suitable options, but power won't be a problem at all with that module.

Yer I own the x7 with the am1 for my iems. If I use my q701s it through the k5 dock.
But I was thinking how I'd like to make them a little more portable around the house, so perhaps getting the am5 module.
Thanks heaps for the advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back