Could someone please tell me a little about Koss?..
Jul 11, 2008 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ryan41488

Head-Fier
I'm not sure if any of their IEM's, could be considered Audiophile quality, even at some of the low prices you can find them since people around here really are into the UE models, and Ety's for their SQ. Recently I purchased a set of Koss KEB20, and I was wondering if you could give me some insight on them, seeing as I've never owned a pair of Koss anything in my entire life. If they're better then the Skullcandy brand, I'm definitely pleased
tongue.gif
. So, any comments, suggestions, etc are welcome ^_^. Please help if you can.

P.S. I'm not expecting these earphones to be audiophile quality or as good as any of the 70$ and up models
wink.gif

Jul 12, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan41488 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure if any of their IEM's, could be considered Audiophile quality, even at some of the low prices you can find them since people around here really are into the UE models, and Ety's for their SQ. Recently I purchased a set of Koss KEB20, and I was wondering if you could give me some insight on them, seeing as I've never owned a pair of Koss anything in my entire life. If they're better then the Skullcandy brand, I'm definitely pleased
tongue.gif
. So, any comments, suggestions, etc are welcome ^_^. Please help if you can.

P.S. I'm not expecting these earphones to be audiophile quality or as good as any of the 70$ and up models
wink.gif

I doubt they are any better. At least they're not the "sparkplug" ones(which I've seen get bad reviews).

Honestly, they look even cheaper than the Skullcandy ones. I hope you didn't pay too much for the KEB20s.

Jul 12, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 6
I paid like 20 bucks I believe + 1 day shipping Nick. I'm gonna keep those, and return the Aiptek Fidelity Noise Isolating Earphones..they have two flanged tips, but they only come in one size, so..

Jul 12, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #4 of 6
I haven't heard very much on their IEMs, but I did hear that they're not so great. I currently use a Koss product myself, which is the Porta pro, and I don't really consider it an audiophile quality. It's definately good for the price, but not that far in.

Also, I'd rather not get any skullcandy products...

Jul 12, 2008 at 8:46 AM Post #5 of 6
Ive heard the sparkplugs, the plug and KEB24...boy are they cr@ppy canalphones! I couldn't believe it...it was just bass and I was like, where the heck are the mids and highs??????

I gave them away to friends who were using stock earbuds but they were a good waste of money, considering that they are sold for a lot here. I think I paid like $50 for the sparkplug and found out that I could have got them on ebay from a US seller for about $15. But now...I wouldn't even pay $15!!

If you want a Koss product, get the KSC75, now that is a quality product!!!

Jul 12, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by navmau /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ive heard the sparkplugs, the plug and KEB24...boy are they cr@ppy canalphones! I couldn't believe it...it was just bass and I was like, where the heck are the mids and highs??????

I gave them away to friends who were using stock earbuds but they were a good waste of money, considering that they are sold for a lot here. I think I paid like $50 for the sparkplug and found out that I could have got them on ebay from a US seller for about $15. But now...I wouldn't even pay $15!!

If you want a Koss product, get the KSC75, now that is a quality product!!!

I agree. If you can, return the KEB24, go to Radioshack and pick up the KSC75. Koss is an interesting company; they have a few good headphones (The A/250, KSC35, 55, 75 and the PortaPro and PortaPro2, but MOST of these use identical, or very slightly different drivers, and the rest of their products are pretty awful. You'd think if they were discriminating for one product, they'd be that way for the rest, but apparently not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back