Could need some help bringing two SACD's to the PC
Aug 12, 2017 at 7:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

domsch1988

100+ Head-Fier
Thorugh a friend of mine i've got temporary access to Wagner's Rhie Gold and Parsifal as SACD.
I'm trying to get those to my PC with the least ymount of quality loss. I do own dbpoweramp but wasn't able to figure out how to get anything but flac of of it.
My Portable DVD Drive is capable of playing back the CD (Rhine Gold, it sasy DSD on it as well) and I'm able to rip flac perfectly fine. But it's "only" 16/44.1 I remeber a few years Back the older PS3 was the only "budget" option for playing SACD's.
Any input on how to convert those?

Edit:
So ripping flac puts out ~500kb/s Bitrate. With using Wave as encoder i also get 16/44.1 but with ~1500kb/s which is close to what foobar says the CD is playing as directly from the disc...

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #2 of 3
Thorugh a friend of mine i've got temporary access to Wagner's Rhie Gold and Parsifal as SACD.
I'm trying to get those to my PC with the least ymount of quality loss. I do own dbpoweramp but wasn't able to figure out how to get anything but flac of of it.
My Portable DVD Drive is capable of playing back the CD (Rhine Gold, it sasy DSD on it as well) and I'm able to rip flac perfectly fine. But it's "only" 16/44.1 I remeber a few years Back the older PS3 was the only "budget" option for playing SACD's.

Edit:
So ripping flac puts out ~500kb/s Bitrate. With using Wave as encoder i also get 16/44.1 but with ~1500kb/s which is close to what foobar says the CD is playing as directly from the disc...
I'm not well-versed in ripping music, but if it's DSD format on the CD then 1500kbps seems a bit low. And it would be 1 bit/2.4Mhz or something similar. Good luck!

Aug 12, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #3 of 3
I remeber a few years Back the older PS3 was the only "budget" option for playing SACD's.

There was the Sony SCD-595 for $199. I had one. Then it stopped playing SACDs (but will read the CD layer on SACDs just fine), that POS.

My Portable DVD Drive is capable of playing back the CD (Rhine Gold, it sasy DSD on it as well) and I'm able to rip flac perfectly fine. But it's "only" 16/44.1

Edit:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-dsd-dff-dsf-sacd.htm
https://newtoolbox.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/sacd-ripper-primer-v4-0.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back