Could it be? Star Wars Sequels???
Aug 23, 2004 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 16
Episodes VII, VIII, and IV have so much potential to kick ass, story wise. If you've ever read any of the books that pick up after RotJ, the story is very good. As movies, however... After seeing Lucas' inconsistent plots between The Holy Trilogy (as referenced in Chasing Amy) and this modern drivel they market as Episodes I, II, and III...I'm scared. Further, the original cast won't be reprising their roles I imagine, and I don't know if anyone can do Luke as well as Mark Hamill did for me, or Harrison Ford on Han, or Carrie Fisher on Leia. If anything, I feel that these movies should be made by a hardcore fan (if at all). Peter Jackson was insanely dedicated to LOTR, and the movies turned out magnificent. I just feel Lucas is...well, out of touch somehow.

Aug 23, 2004 at 10:18 PM Post #3 of 16
George is going to be milking that teat past bone dry.

His movies are really lacking in story and continuity when he's not ripping off someone else. <coughkurosawacough>
rolleyes.gif

The best special FX doesn't make up for a poor story and really bad acting from a total lack of direction.

But, yeah, I'll still go see EP3 as well.....

-Ed

Aug 23, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #4 of 16
I don't know if movies past episode VI are a realistic possibility. The "Star Wars Universe" is much larger than the movies, it includes many best-selling novels build upon Lucas' stories (among other media such as comic books, cartoons, etc). The period prior to episode III (like, where episode I came in, Anakin's childhood) has been blacklisted for a VERY long time so authors could not set any stories in that period of "Star Wars time". This is to prevent any kind of contradiction between Star Wars stories of any kind. The period almost directly after episode VI has already been written about - leading me to believe Lucas has had no plans to release sequels.

Of course, money can rewrite any rules.

-dd3mon

Aug 23, 2004 at 11:46 PM Post #5 of 16
None of the "Star Wars Universe" outside the original films really means much to Lucas, I'm sure.

Aug 24, 2004 at 12:16 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
I don't know if anyone can do Luke as well as Mark Hamill did for me, or Harrison Ford on Han, or Carrie Fisher on Leia.

Harrison Ford or Carrie Fisher may be irreplacable, but I'm pretty sure almost anyone would be a better actor than Mark Hamill
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Excerpt from the site:

"According to fan site Theforce.net, employees at Lucas's company Industrial Light and Magic have all been made to sign non-disclosure agreements to promise not to talk about the possibility of episode's seven, eight and nine being made."

I cant follow the logic here, if your making a movie, wouldn't you try your best to get news out that the movies are being made? One would think that hype for a movie is one of the best marketing gifts a movie maker can ever hope for...

Aug 24, 2004 at 12:37 AM Post #7 of 16
Hey, after Luke Mark Hamill may have been a shabby actor--but there is no way they can have a new Luke/Leia/Han/Chewie!

Aug 24, 2004 at 12:44 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Hey, after Luke Mark Hamill may have been a shabby actor--but there is no way they can have a new Luke/Leia/Han/Chewie!

Well, I don't know how hard it would be to replace Chewie...Whoever played him would be in a suit, not like you could really tell.

After seeing what Lucas did with Episodes I, II, and presumably, will also do with III and the sequels, I definitely don't want to have him make any more Star Wars movies. Recasting would just be too strange. I mean, can you really see anyone else as Luke or Leia? Just wouldn't be right. Leave it alone George, you're rich enough as it is.

the Judge

Aug 24, 2004 at 12:52 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

LOL
biggrin.gif
Just pulling your leg buddy
tongue.gif

Aug 24, 2004 at 2:12 AM Post #11 of 16
No one seems to be missing Sir Alec Guinness as Obi Wan Kenobi. Moreover, Lucas could animate accurate 3D models of Mark Hamil and Carrie Fisher. Harrison Ford could still act the part and get away with it. He's such a great actor.

Oh yeah, episode I really sucked but episode II was great and I hope Episode III will be even better.

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

Aug 24, 2004 at 4:27 AM Post #13 of 16
If they do make it based on the Admiral Thrawn trilogy, then it has immense potential - those books were absolutely amazing, with a story that I dare say was as good, if not better, than the original trilogy's.

If only Lucas would not direct them... or cast them... or...

~KS

Aug 24, 2004 at 8:20 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Altorfer

Oh yeah, episode I really sucked but episode II was great and I hope Episode III will be even better.

Please do tell me you're joking...

Aug 24, 2004 at 8:55 AM Post #15 of 16
crap, seriously? I'm not even going to see III. I sat through I and II and I'm done with Lucas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back