could anyone help me find a special tt clamp?
Nov 12, 2005 at 9:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

music_man

Headphoneus Supremus
hi all,

for 20 odd years i have been searching for a clamp that can fit the 'mini' bearing on a b&o rx2. i figured i might as well ask here now since we have some real 'junkies' around here
smily_headphones1.gif

you might say, why bother? as i have heard at least 500 times over the years. well, ok it's not a sota and all. but i think it could seriously benifit from a clamp. for the very reason that this tt is actually so special. if you have owned it you know what i am talking about.

music_man.

Nov 13, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 8
i am aware of the one that just slips over. the problem is that this bearing is a smaller diameter than the actual record hole. and it is square. the record is held by a plastic peice that does not extend at all above the record itself.

thanks for offering help though.

music_man.

Nov 14, 2005 at 12:05 AM Post #8 of 8
it is not really square it is faceted. the bearing does not make any contact with the record. thats why. it is not only short it is half the diameter of a standard bearing. i would look for another but pulling this one may render this super fragile thing destroyed. i have actually taken hammers and pliers to sondeks and gyrodecks. this thing will not withstand that. the record is actually held by a tiny peice of plastic not the bearing. i have been using a weight but it only weighs 90 grams. a bigger weight will topple over. maybe the tiny bearing is actually part of the reason this table can do what it does. they may have specificaly not wanted a clamp on it so it can be so well isolated. in case anyone doesnt know, what is special about this is the tracking force and isolation. it tracks at a weight that allows one to slam the needle across the record with nary a scratch! also you can drop kik the thing while it is playing and it will never never slip. to market it 20+ years ago they would throw a hardcover book at it while it was playing and it never skipped!
like i said it's no sota, but still pretty dang good engineering. i think it is actually in the smithsonian too!

music_man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back