Could anyone describe me the RS2i sound signature?
Aug 25, 2012 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

daniel521

500+ Head-Fier
What does it's sound signature sound like? Is it similar to any other cans? I heard that it's not that similar to the original grado sound,  so are they a bit laid back compared to the other ones? I'm purchasing a mid-fi can soon and I am currently going for the hd600, but I'm curious to know what the rs2i sounds like. I listen to metal, rock and alternative rock/pop rock. The sound signature Im looking for is forward mids and a smooth treble, is the rs2i sound similar to that? Will it fit me better than the hd600? I listen to mid to high volumes (not dangerously high) so I want a headphone that sounds smooth without a harsh treble, I know that sennheiser is famous for smooth sounds, but I also want my headphone to sound alive and sennheiser is also famous for being laid back, however I don't think the hd600 will sound boring in mid to high volumes. Which one will fit me better at mid to high volume listening?

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #3 of 5
It sounded very much like an upgraded all around better SR225i to me (which I would consider a typical Grado). It was forward, fast and the treble is aggressive to me but also a little warmer than the SR225i and had more bass (still not a lot of quantity, which is a plus for me) its definitely not a laid back headphone. Having never heard a HD600 but read a lot about I'm pretty sure these headphones are almost opposites. Grados were pretty much made for your genres but they may be fatiguing if you are not used to bright/aggressive headphones. If you have never heard a Grado I wouldn't recommend buying the RS2i since its expensive and for all you know you may hate the Grado house sound which can be harsh in the upper registers. Just go buy a cheaper model and if you like it you can upgrade.

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
It sounded very much like an upgraded all around better SR225i to me (which I would consider a typical Grado). It was forward, fast and the treble is aggressive to me but also a little warmer than the SR225i and had more bass (still not a lot of quantity, which is a plus for me) its definitely not a laid back headphone. Having never heard a HD600 but read a lot about I'm pretty sure these headphones are almost opposites. Grados were pretty much made for your genres but they may be fatiguing if you are not used to bright/aggressive headphones. If you have never heard a Grado I wouldn't recommend buying the RS2i since its expensive and for all you know you may hate the Grado house sound which can be harsh in the upper registers. Just go buy a cheaper model and if you like it you can upgrade.

I'll probably try one at a store. Do you think grado's are way too fatiguing at mid to high volumes? What volumes do you normally listen to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back