Costco Wholesale's New Electronics Return Policy
Mar 22, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #16 of 23
Can I assume that anything purchased prior to these changes will fall under the old return policy?

I have made a point to buy certain things at costco just for their return policy...still sounds like they have a good one. Anyway, I bought a 360 there and was unsure about the policy. The dude working there said that it was included in their return policy, but even if it changes I could just bring it in and they would do something about it anyway...

Are game consoles just included in the description as computers/electronics?

Mar 22, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me tell you a little story...

A few years ago a member came into the warehouse where I work with a VCR purchased in 1980. He had the original Price Club receipt and the original packaging. He basically told the returns counter that he wasn't satisfied with the 20+ years he got out of his VHS player and that he wanted a refund. They gave him the full purchase price which was almost $1000.

lol. Thats crazy. Costco has always been very generous with their return policy. The only thing I hate is that I'll go to pickup a few items and wind up walking out with $300 in groceries every single time.
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #19 of 23
I am glad that Costco has changed the policy. Unfortunately I too know people who have abused this policy on too many occasions and the updated policy is a good compromise. Costco still includes a more than generous return policy and it offers great peace of mind with its extended coverage. I applaud the changes!

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #20 of 23
It may seem ridiculous, but didn't know their old policy was being abused until I read several posts on Head-Fi. Members without hesitation asking for advice on what to buy then return.

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me tell you a little story...

A few years ago a member came into the warehouse where I work with a VCR purchased in 1980. He had the original Price Club receipt and the original packaging. He basically told the returns counter that he wasn't satisfied with the 20+ years he got out of his VHS player and that he wanted a refund. They gave him the full purchase price which was almost $1000.

o.o I can appreciate the goodwill and benefit-of-a-doubt, but that's just bad business practice..

Mar 22, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ak622 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am glad that Costco has changed the policy. Unfortunately I too know people who have abused this policy on too many occasions and the updated policy is a good compromise. Costco still includes a more than generous return policy and it offers great peace of mind with its extended coverage. I applaud the changes!

Same here, I know a family friend who returns kitchen appliances after 5 years and returns computers ever 5 months to have the "latest" chip.

Now he will probably switch computers every 3 months...

Mar 22, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
o.o I can appreciate the goodwill and benefit-of-a-doubt, but that's just bad business practice..

Do you usually shop at costco?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back