Costco=free impressions!!
Sep 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #31 of 34
Ok, I won't be updating on Costco impressions. I thought about it... I'd rather pay $30 from a well known audiologist than chance the quality of someone in a small Costco tin temporary room. The last thing i need is to have to send impressions over seas twice.

That's... Actually a pretty good point, and one worth considering.

Is this really something we want made cheaper? It's already pretty cheap. 

Dec 7, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #32 of 34
anyone know if costco does these free impressions?  i am an executive member and getting a hold of the costco audiologist has been impossible...everytime i go there, they are in a glass room (went at 2 and sign said they were giving a hearing test & would be available at 5...3hrs for a hearing test!?!?!?).  then i call & leave a message & they never call back.  then i asked the manager working at costco & he says he doesn't know i gotta talk to the audiologist...

i would love to save $60 on top of the couple hundred i paid for the customs...

Dec 12, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #33 of 34
@negroswamy , they do free impressions still when i talked to the audiologist there, but i'm taking the advice @DrBlast33 and I'd rather not have to get two impressions done because one came out badly and i'm guessing costco doesn't usually do it for IEMs, so I'd rather pay $30-$40 for good impressions for good headphones.

I think if we're not willing to pay for good quality, it may be a good idea to just stick with universal without impressions, but it's up to you. I'm guessing hearing aids don't need the same amount of precision as IEMs.

Dec 12, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #34 of 34
I ended up going to an audiologist and they did impressions that were good enough for a hearing aid, but not good enough for iem.  I had to go to another audiologist to have them done right... make sure to have them do it quite deep!~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back