Cosmic case
Aug 2, 2002 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kelly

Herr Babelfish der Übersetzer, he wore a whipped-cream-covered tutu for this title.
A while back someone found the actual cases that Headroom uses. I asked for info put people pointed me at the Hammonds which are nice but aren't actually the same.

Did anyone actually find THE Cosmic case? If so, please provide a URL. Thanks.

Aug 2, 2002 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 5
Why do you really want the ones that Headroom uses anyway? IMO, the Hammonds are much more attractive and chic looking.

Aug 2, 2002 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by The Quality Guru
Why do you really want the ones that Headroom uses anyway? IMO, the Hammonds are much more attractive and chic looking.

Why do people answer direct questions with questions like "Why do you want to know that?" It must be the most irritating thing on the entire internet.

The Cosmic case is much thinner (shorter) than the Hammond cases. The Hammond has wasted "headroom" (so to speak). Thus, the Cosmic fits easily into the Traveler bag.

I disagree with the aesthetics. I think the Cosmic looks quite nice.

Any other questions about my question?

Aug 2, 2002 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 5
I got this one for $3 on the 'Bay:

sortalikacosmiccase

He says he has lots more and would give them to me for the same $3 per. I haven't seen him auction anymore - must not be worth it for hi, eh?

I believe the extrusion profile is nearly identical to the cosmic's.

Differences:
-This is only 3.5" deep compared to the 6"+ depth of the cosmic
-This is painted beige
-This has endcaps with ugly cutouts - I had to make my own.
-This comes with no screws - had to tap the case and supply my own.

Other than that it's cool - I'll have a multi-loop amp in it within 24 hours so you can see what it looks like.

ok,
erix

Users who are viewing this thread

Back