Cosmetic Differences Between Etymotic Models?
Jun 30, 2002 at 1:39 AM Post #17 of 18
Very interesting. Thanks for the info, guys. Too bad there seems to be some design flaws here. I'll check out the aluminum foil workaround! I wonder if the porta corda or the JMT Altoids amps have similar issues.

Jul 2, 2002 at 4:01 AM Post #18 of 18
Vince,

Finally had a chance to reply. (Working all weekend!) I think the NJB3 sounds better, but it's hard to quantify because I was listening to only 128kbps files on my original jukebox. (I'm now encoding VBR.) I've now sold the old jukebox, so I can't do any A/B comparison. I always thought the original jukebox sounded very good. One thing: the Jukebox 3 is definitely louder.

Regarding the TA interference with the Jukebox: I never noticed it before, but after reading your message I tried to reproduce the hissing/interference but I could not. Maybe Creative learned and provided better shielding for the Jukebox 3. The aluminum foil idea might work, but a more permanent solution might be to get some copper tape and carefully line the case of the TA. (avoiding potential shorts) Soldering a ground connection to the tape would ensure a good shield.

BTW, I now have more music on the NJB and I'm spending alot of time with it- I like it more all the time. The new lithium-ion battery is just great! I used to have to change batteries at least once a day on my old jukebox- on the new one I've yet to run the battery down once!

cheers!
gfxartist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back