Cosecant USB DAC
May 2, 2004 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
Anyone have experiences with the Cosecant USB DAC?

cosecant2.jpg

How much is the Cosecant USB DAC?
Does it work with Windows?
Does it work with Foobar 2000, lossless compression like Monkey's Audio and FLAC?
ANd more importantly, how does it sound?

-Ed

May 2, 2004 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 7
I think most of your questions are answered on the site. For those that aren't a quick e-mail would probably be best. That said ...

One of the bad things about Wavelength products is their cost. The Cosecant is $3,500, and is one of their cheapest items. I'd love to try this myself, but not at that price.

It seems to work with Windows, and Apple based systems. It doesn't appear to work with an I-Pod however, if I read correctly.

I have no idea about your last two questions. I've seen no review on this, but it could have potential. Although I've seen other professional computer solutions discussed other places, that are likely more cost efficient. I seem to remember the Cain & Cain/ Electronluv display in Vegas using some $4,000 laptop based solution for a very well regarded presentation. They were talking about bringing that to market sometime soon. Since it included the storage and output solution in one package, it sounds more cost effecient. Tuberoller would likely know more about this however.

May 2, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #3 of 7
Yes, the WA products are all expensive partly because Gordon Rankin builds all of them himself by hand. He's good but he obviously charges a premium for his work. He's working on a headphone amp that has a similar case design to the Cosecant that some months ago he quoted as priced at $5000. But it would also serve as a preamp and I think that price included a built in DAC so all you do is connect a transport and you get a damn short signal path.

May 3, 2004 at 5:03 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budrew
That's true, except that with the Cosecant you can play any of hundreds of CDs instantly. Whatever fits your mood.

I can already do that.
tongue.gif

Now the question is, how does the Cosecant sound? Anyone going to bring one to the killer SoCal Meet in June?
wink.gif

-Ed

May 3, 2004 at 4:12 PM Post #7 of 7
I stilll can't understand why it would cost so m uch unless there is more info regarding what really goes into it like parts etc.
atleast good parts would justify a higher price.

SIo yeah until i know ore i am not buying it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back