Corrupt data or am i doing something wrong?
May 12, 2008 at 3:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

seven62

New Head-Fier
i did some digging around some old music, and to my delight, i found some kalmah cd images on my external HDD, with a readme note saying they had been ripped with exact audio copy, and some cd drive info. i get my music from friends, though i cant recall transferring these. i eagerly tried ripping the tracks with powerISO... with interesting results. the last track of every CD was more than a hour long, and silent, and all of the other tracks were just static. this happened with every CD. so, i tried ripping with windows media player to .WAV, and got the same results; static tracks, with the last track being more than an hour long.

should i be using exact audio copy to rip the images?

i have no clue as to its use or why the cd drive info would be listed...
i apologize if i'm posting stupid questions, but i tried searching and couldnt find anything that pointed me as to a solution. possibly because that solution is very obvious.

May 13, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #4 of 5
i did try mounting the CD with powerISO. i also have alcohol, but for some reason alcohol doesnt handle the .cue file. i suspect it has something to do with exact audio copy, i was hoping someone had a problem like this before.

either way, mounted or not, the tracks still come out as static.
i really dont know what it is. i have 320 kbps files to tide me over for now, but the encoder was not fantastic, whatever it was.

May 14, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by seven62 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i did try mounting the CD with powerISO. i also have alcohol, but for some reason alcohol doesnt handle the .cue file. i suspect it has something to do with exact audio copy, i was hoping someone had a problem like this before.

either way, mounted or not, the tracks still come out as static.
i really dont know what it is. i have 320 kbps files to tide me over for now, but the encoder was not fantastic, whatever it was.

If the CUE file was created by EAC, it might be non-compliant. You'll probably have to burn the files to CD and rip the discs, unless you can fake a burn with Alcohol 120% (not sure if it's possible).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back