Correcting freq. disparateness between channels in HD 201?
Mar 19, 2007 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Inkmo

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys. I've had a pair of Senn HD201s for a long time and always liked them. It's just that since I got them, something struck me as being 'off' with the right channel. For a while I thought my hearing was going and I learned to live with it, but one day while playing around on this hearing test website I learned to both my shock and delight that there actually was something wrong with the cans (and not my ears. phew!). The right channel has a noticeable dip around 5 kHz.
eek.gif

Anyways, I've read about some other folks correcting cans that have drivers each with distinct frequency responses via physical means. Of course, that guy was reticent to disclose exactly how he fixed that pair of Beyer 250s for fear that a bunch of other folks would irreversibly damage theirs. Anyways, I won't be out a whole lot should I destroy my HD201, but I'd rather not part with them otherwise. I'm gonna try and open the driver housing up soon and see if I can't find an errant glob of glue or anything obvious like that. Just hoping that someone here might have some useful advice.

oh yeah, it's too late to warranty as I've had them for over a year and I've opened them up before anyways (just the earcups to back the driver housings with blu-tak and theoretically reduce resonance. And add a little weight to keep 'em from feelin' so flimsy. Never opened up the driver housing assembly, though).

Might take this chance to put a short cable on, too. Haven't learned to solder yet, but it is apparently easy. Should be good practice for my KSC-35 which has developed a bad connection or something in one of the drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back