cordless KSC35
Mar 22, 2004 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

fractus2

Headphoneus Supremus
I have these e-mails from koss auto-forwarded to my virus folder, but happen to open/read this one:

Subject: Cut the cord on your Koss KSC35

Cut the cord...not the performance...on your Koss KSC35 Sportclip
stereophone!

As a special offer to koss.com customers, you can purchase the technology
that turns your KSC35 into a cordless stereophone system.

The Koss HBRT includes a compact, infrared remote receiver and transmitter
that connects to any audio, video or computer system so that you can enjoy
quality stereo sound without being tied down.

Place your order before April 15th and we'll cut the shipping as well!

To take advantage of this great offer:
1. Click the link below
2. Add the HBRT to your cart
3. Enter coupon code 32204 at check out

-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf...y+Stereophones|HBRT

Mar 22, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 20
HBRT_lg.jpg

$30US

* Frequency Response: 30-15,000 Hz
* Delivers cordless convenience to any headphone
* Includes compact infrared transmitter, remote receiver and AC adapter
* Ideal for home theater and video
* Connects to most audio and video systems
* Provides 250 square feet of convenient cordless coverage
* Exclusive through koss.com

it uses infrared, doesn't that mean you have to be able to see the transmitter in order to recieve anything?

Mar 22, 2004 at 10:26 PM Post #3 of 20
So, how is this going to work? How are they going to fit a receiver, headphone amp and batteries for both and still keep the size small? I don't get it... Or are they trasmitting amplified sound.
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2004 at 11:01 PM Post #4 of 20
Intriguing, but the ksc-35 is a portable phone and I can't figure out why I'd use it with a stationary source which would require this. It's cheap, but I wonder how much penalty you'd pay as far as sound quality. Velkov, my understanding is that you'd have two boxes.

[source] ---> [transmitter] - - - (infrared signal) - - - [remote receiver] --->headphones

Kind of cool, but I wouldn't use it with such small phones as the ksc-35.

Mar 23, 2004 at 5:52 AM Post #8 of 20
I was just going to post this koss email when I saw Fractus's thread! No one has tried this yet? C'mon we need reviews.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2004 at 6:26 AM Post #9 of 20
well... it seems kinda pointless to have a portable headphone and then put even more weight on it by adding wireless... besides.. i need my ihp-120 LCD remote to switch songs and stuff

Aug 28, 2004 at 11:40 AM Post #11 of 20
I just ordered the HBRT from koss. Not for use with the KSC35 (which I don't own), but I'll use them with my Senn MX500.

I'll use this at night when I'm watching TV and exercising, I like the volume loud so I can focus on the TV and not the exercise itself
smily_headphones1.gif

I was about to get some wireless headphones retail (either Senn RS110, Acoustic Research or Sony), but they all felt horrible to wear and probably would sound horrible.

My receiver (for my theater system) and elliptical machine are on opposite ends of the room, so I'm going to use the HBRT instead of running a 15-20 foot long cable, which would probably get tangled up in the machine and I'd break something.

I'll post a review or something when I get it and set it up and test it and what not.

-vasu

Oct 12, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #13 of 20
I meant to post a review. I got it just a few days after i posted that message and it works great. Transmission range is good, audio quality is good and it powers my Senn MX500's just fine.

The one trick is to make sure that the input source isn't turns up too loud or else it'll clip and sound horrible. At first i thought it was the device not transmissing right cause it was all distorted, but when i turned down the volume of my receiver plugged into the transmitter it cleared up just fine.

Great device, great price.

-vasu

Oct 12, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #14 of 20
It seems kind of strange for this to be targeted at KSC-35 owners. My guess is that they just scanned their records for people that have bought headphones from them and dropped the model they bought into a template. Or is this just stating the obvious?

Fractus do you own some 35s? Edit - Just checked your profile, looks like you do.

Oct 12, 2004 at 10:37 PM Post #15 of 20
This is cool, i was just looking for a wireless system. My tv is on the other side of the room and i listen to Mtv or VH1 alot. I dont sit and stare at it more then i just kinda have it on and listen. I looked into wireless headphones but its a crap shoot what your gona get. The wireless system may be good but are the headphones good? I figure if you just piece it together then you can setup your own. This system is alot cheaper then other system i looked at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back