cordless headphones
Mar 15, 2002 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pretzel

Head-Fier
i was wondering whether cordless headphones are any good?
i like the idea of being able to walk around the house listening to my MP3s from my computer

i was thinking about the sennheiser RS 65/85 or maybe the AKG 405....

it would be great if someone could tell me whether cordless headphones are worth it and whether those headphones i listed are decent pairs?

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2002 at 3:43 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi pretzel and welcome to Head-Fi.

Your thread was getting lonely so I thought I'd give it a bump. The consensus is that you cannot get the sonic equal of wired headphones with a wireless system. Yes they are much more flexible but you would get better sound with some good quality wired headphones and a quality extension cable.

That said, our official review team has completed a review of the FreeSystem/xdream (a Head-Fi sponsor) wireless headphone system. I believe MacDEF's review makes some comparisons to the Sennheiser wireless line. You can read the reviews here:

FreeSystems/xdream headphone system reviews

Mar 15, 2002 at 5:37 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by pretzel
i was wondering whether cordless headphones are any good?
i like the idea of being able to walk around the house listening to my MP3s from my computer

i was thinking about the sennheiser RS 65/85 or maybe the AKG 405....

it would be great if someone could tell me whether cordless headphones are worth it and whether those headphones i listed are decent pairs?

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

I bought RS-80s for this purpose and, you're right, it's great to wander about with your mp3 server or a satellite music channel pumping away. The sense of freedom is wonderful. Unfortunately, the fidelity isn't. For a casual headphone listener they are more than adequate. But I doubt many Head-Fiers would be satisfied with them.

If convenience and sound quality are more of a consideration than money, a far better solution is one of the smaller hard drive based MP3 players and Ety 4Ps. I use an iPod with my Etys and the combination works very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back