CORDA help! Do I have to configure my DAC?
Jan 15, 2008 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dclancy

500+ Head-Fier
You'll have to forgive, I've been screwing around with my comp for a couple hours now with foobar and itunes.
I just got a Cantante dac, plugged it in, it installed itself as "usb speakers". I tried to install the Kernel stream drivers and every time I select KS: usb speakers, I get an error message, and sometimes just no sound, depending on which output format.
I'm getting a headache here. Is all this even necessary for the best sound, or am I good just using itunes?
Thanks

Jan 15, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 7
When I first started using it, I had to close and open a couple different music programs to give it a jump. Seems to work fine now. Just curious if proper kernel drivers are necessary for better sound.

Jan 16, 2008 at 11:27 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by freestyler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was a thread showing it's settings but can't seem to exist anymore for some reason.

I sure hope it still does exist. It's linked in my sig.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #6 of 7
Followup: Yes Asio seems to be the only one that works. Also thanks to EnOYiN, I read your guide, got me going. The main problem i had was when i selected ASIO in Foobar, I had to assign left and right channels in order to get sound via the AS driver. Took me a while to figure that one out.

Feb 3, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #7 of 7
Wow, I just spent 2 hours trying to get my Cantate to work..I Googled this site until my eyes bled and still can't figure out how to use the USB/DAC..

I started to follow the guide in Enoyin's shows sig, but ASIO4all shows "burr brown japan pcm2707" grayed out "unavalible"...

If I connect the usb my system locks up until I remove it ...stumped tired....help....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back