corda HEADSIX question
Oct 1, 2008 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

themanbeast

100+ Head-Fier
I may be buying a corda headsix from the fs thread (just let the seller know I don't have any feedback yet, so thats always tough
frown.gif
)

anyways, I had a couple of quick questions:

1) how does this perform with harder to drive phones? namely, the DT-880 250 ohm and the K601/701 are what I'm looking to drive, the headsix is probably going to become a gateway drug for me in this department assuming I like my DT-880 just run through my sound card :p

2) My soundcard itself already has an opamp in it. I won't have a standalone DAC. So, if I use a mini-mini cable to run from the amp to the soundcard, what happens? I'm assuming the soundcard would amp it, then the headsix would amp it again... am I going to lose SQ that way? The opamp in my soundcard is removable/replaceable, so I could theoretically test this as well... was just wondering if I should expect anything.

Oct 1, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #2 of 2
1. Not sure about the K601s or K701s (although I do think the Headsix would have trouble driving these two) but the Headsix drives the 880s decently for a portable amp, but a home amp would be better.

2. Yes you would be essentially be amping an already amped signal and you would be degrading the signal depending on how good/bad the amp on your soundcard is.

I'm not completely sure if a soundcard would output sound without opamps unless modded :/, I may be wrong so someone may want to correct me.

*edit* hrmm did you edit your post or did I just read it wrong
tongue.gif

Oh yea this is also in the wrong sub forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back