Corda HeadAmp-1 ?
Sep 2, 2001 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Vesa Launiainen

New Head-Fier
I've been looking for an amp for my Senn 600's and found that Corda product quite interesting. So I'd like to know if anyone of you own that amp? How does it sound and is that adjustable channel crossfeed useful? That got me interested in the first place. How hard it is to build it the amp?

Oh, and those of you who don't know that Corda amp at all, check the manufacturers website

http://home.t-online.de/home/meier-audio/

Thanks, Vesa

Sep 2, 2001 at 1:22 PM Post #2 of 7
I'm a nice person
rolleyes.gif
, so here's some links for ya:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ighlight=corda

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ighlight=corda

in under one minute with the search function, upper right cornor of the screen
very_evil_smiley.gif

only good reviews so far, seems like a great amp to me. Chu had a review at Heawize some time ago, not sure about the current state of the archives there tho.

Sep 2, 2001 at 2:39 PM Post #3 of 7
Well, the Corda is generally regarded as a VERY good home amp....comparable to products quite a bit more expensive than it.

Sep 2, 2001 at 11:52 PM Post #4 of 7
Vesa,

The Corda is an excellent amp and a great match with the HD-600s.

I recently received the kit version and found it pretty easy to assemble. It took me about half a day to make. If you are reasonably handy with a soldering iron, I recommend the DIY kit as it will also give you the satisfaction of having built it yourself.

As for the sound, I would describe it as neutral. It neither colours the sound nor lacks any detail. It is a well balanced, all round sound. It drives the 600s easily.

Crossfeed is a great feature. It is very subtle and you will have difficulty recognising it initially, but once you are used to it, you will find it hard to listen to recordings without this feature switched on. The Corda has three crossfeed settings which is great.

Jan Meier is a pleasure to deal with and I totally recommend him and his fabulous little amp. He is also in the process of developing a battery driven, portable version of the HA-1, so depending on your requirements, you might want to hang on a little longer for the "Porta Corda". I am not sure how far away this amp is however.

Regardless of what model you go for, the Corda comes with my full recommendation.

Sep 3, 2001 at 4:31 AM Post #5 of 7
Costas: You said it all before I could. I second every point (except that I got the assembled version).

Vesa: Obviously, the Corda amp is much recommended. I'm still really checking out the amp since I got it rather recently. I'm beginning to explore the possibilities of the crossfeed selection, and I think it's variability will be quite handy with some recordings. So far, I'm listening with Etymotics, and I can't tell you about the Sennheisers. But, if the amp was adding noise, distortion, or anything unpleasant, I believe the Etys would make that very noticeable. Nothing of the sort happens. It's as if the amp is not there--except you know it is because of the positive contributions it makes.

Sep 3, 2001 at 6:36 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks guys, you've been a big help. After searching through few hundreds threads I decided to order the HA-1 Kit. Hard to compare with anything here in Finland...

Vesa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back