Corda HA2 MKII or Heed Canamp?
Oct 19, 2006 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Fortune

100+ Head-Fier
I've been considering one of Jan's HA2's for quite awhile now. Now, with all the excitement and glowing talk of the Heed, I'm torn between the two.

Anyone hear both? I realize the Heed is new and few people have heard one... that being said, the people that have constitute a wealth of experience in this damn addictive hobby
lambda.gif

I'll be using the 2005 dt990's and possibly may pick up a set of senn's 600/650's to pair with amp.

Thanks

Oct 20, 2006 at 1:55 PM Post #3 of 4
I believe I'd try the Heed right now.

You're unlikely to find anyone who has tried them both - the Heed is too new.

Two persons whose opinions are highly regarded (at least by me) - have compared the Heed to the XCAN v3, EAR+ HD and the GS Solo, and regard the Heed as competitive with these (i.e. PinkFloyd and Mrarroyo).

You can try the Heed at a bargain price, and if you don't like it, you can likely sell it during the "FOM" frenzy - without losing any money. Whereas you may not be able to sell the Corda HAII as easily right now.

Or, I suppose you could wait until the "FOM" frenzy wears off and buy the Heed in the aftermarket at a better value - but that may take a few months, and there's no assurance that there will be many who want to sell them in that timeframe, anyway. If it's like the '05 DT990's, or the AD2000's, there may not be many who dislike them enough to sell them for quite a while.

So, if you're "into" the somewhat sterile, analytical sound SS amps - this seems like a "no brainer" at the moment.

As for me... I'm more into the tone body, texture and image of tube amps, or even some tube/ss hybrids - if I were selecting an amp just for Senns, I'd be buying the WooAudio 3 (with the right tubes), or the PPX3 Slam, or maybe even the BADA PH12 (which you can try for 30 days from www.pacificvalve.us and return if you don't like it).

Oct 20, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2
I believe I'd try the Heed right now.

You're unlikely to find anyone who has tried them both - the Heed is too new.

Two persons whose opinions are highly regarded (at least by me) - have compared the Heed to the XCAN v3, EAR+ HD and the GS Solo, and regard the Heed as competitive with these (i.e. PinkFloyd and Mrarroyo).

You can try the Heed at a bargain price, and if you don't like it, you can likely sell it during the "FOM" frenzy - without losing any money. Whereas you may not be able to sell the Corda HAII as easily right now.

Or, I suppose you could wait until the "FOM" frenzy wears off and buy the Heed in the aftermarket at a better value - but that may take a few months, and there's no assurance that there will be many who want to sell them in that timeframe, anyway. If it's like the '05 DT990's, or the AD2000's, there may not be many who dislike them enough to sell them for quite a while.

So, if you're "into" the somewhat sterile, analytical sound SS amps - this seems like a "no brainer" at the moment.

As for me... I'm more into the tone body, texture and image of tube amps, or even some tube/ss hybrids - if I were selecting an amp just for Senns, I'd be buying the WooAudio 3 (with the right tubes), or the PPX3 Slam, or maybe even the BADA PH12 (which you can try for 30 days from www.pacificvalve.us and return if you don't like it).

You are attracted to heed while i am attracted to ec-ss. I wanna know how they compare to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back