Corda HA-1 burn-in?
Feb 23, 2002 at 2:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

JML

Headphoneus Supremus
Corda HA-1 owners: your suggestions on burn-in time? Mine is on the way, and I have the Absolute Power Cord ready and waiting.

Feb 23, 2002 at 3:20 AM Post #2 of 8
Just plug the damned thing in and enjoy it.
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2002 at 3:37 AM Post #3 of 8
Best advice I've heard all week.
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2002 at 8:12 AM Post #5 of 8
yeah, all these burn-in questions are starting to get to me. break-in is not a science, just make sure something's going through it!

Feb 23, 2002 at 2:44 PM Post #6 of 8
Burn-in may not be myth, but it's at least overrated. The Sennheisers and W2002s sound markedly different after some amount of time. The Corda HA-1, if it changed at all, was so subtle that it went unnoticed to me. I logged a lot of hours on it quickly, but was listening to it the whole time. If you'd not heard me mention it before, I think the HA-1 is a great value and you'll be pleased with your purchase. I notice no one has sold one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2002 at 9:45 AM Post #8 of 8
Every amp I've owned from speaker to headamp, from tube to solid-state, sounds best after it has been left ON.

The Corda amp sounded better to me after it had been ON for a day, then it stabilized. I leave it on continuosly since it only consumes something like 4 watts.

Then again, everything I just said could be voodoo since there is no science to back it up. Just use your equipment for a while before drawling any conclusions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back