Corda Arietta good with HD600?
Aug 13, 2008 at 7:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AgainstTheGrain

500+ Head-Fier
well i need a decent home amp for both my DT770 and HD600. i heard good things about the match with the arietta and beyers but i'm curious about the HD600/Arietta combo. is there a better amp out there around the same price that is good for both cans as well? i prefer SS vs. tube tho i ave never tried tubed. which would be better for these cans?

Aug 15, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #2 of 5
The Arietta / HD600 combo is a good one, to my ear.

If you like what you've read (or heard) of the pairing of a Meier amp with Beyers, the quality of the pairing of the Arietta with HD600 would not be a show-stopper, IMO.

I've found Todd the Vinyl Junkie to be a very good source for Headphone gear, and he sells the Arietta.

Best wishes on the growth and development of your listening rig(s).

Aug 15, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #3 of 5
I had a Headfive(arietta) with my HD580, and it was good, but not very lively. I'd look at tube amps in that price range, I'm much happier with my MKII/HD580 combo than I was with the Headfive.

Aug 15, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Namrac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a Headfive(arietta) with my HD580, and it was good, but not very lively. I'd look at tube amps in that price range, I'm much happier with my MKII/HD580 combo than I was with the Headfive.

yeah but how will an mkII sound with my DT770s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back