Corda Aria USB Sound Distortion in XP ... Help !!
Dec 30, 2007 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bollyraja

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, i have a problem with my Aria sound drivers in windows.

Basically if i play some music when the Corda Aria is connected, it sounds very distorted and low in volume.

So i have tested it on my bro's laptop and it works fine. So im guessing its my pc which is the problem. Now the only thing i can think of is the drivers for the USB audio device.

Where i can get these from ? I think i need to reinstall them to get them working again ...

Dec 31, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #2 of 5
Did you try the other USB ports on your PC?

You shouldn't need to install Windows drivers as Windows will automatically detect and install the necessary driver. If you want to reinstall the driver, go to Device Manager and remove the entry for the Aria. Afterwards, disconnect it and reconnect. Windows should reinstall the driver.

Dec 31, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #3 of 5
I have tried other ports, and tried uninstalling in device manager and reinstalling.

I thought the files maybe corrupt, so i replaced them with the working ones on my bro's laptop.

That unfortunately did not fix the issue. What could it be i wonder, it's just happened out of nowhere. I have done system restore and still no result.

The only change i have made recently is changin the motherboard. I dont have theold one to test it out again, but i doubt my EVGA 680i motherboard could have problems with a USB dac.

Jan 1, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #4 of 5
The only other thing I can think of is a ground loop problem. If you have other peripherals connected to the PC, then disconnect them and try connecting the Aria only.

Also, try plugging your PC in a different electrical outlet (preferably in a different room).

confused.gif

May 15, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #5 of 5
I dont know that you still have the problem with aria or not, but recently I have the similar problem. A few days ago I try Windows XP SP3 and it solve the problem. I think you should try it.

The problem is certainly driver or system relate not the amp itself. Mine is working fine on my notebook too (without any effort).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back