Corda Aria + Rotel 1072 CD player
Mar 22, 2006 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ddroit2005

100+ Head-Fier
This afternoon I got a Rotel RCD 1072 CD player from my local dealer. It is a demo. According to the dealer, it was played around 50 hours. It is in excellent condition.

I found that I got tigher high & bass and a wider sound stage from this Rotel compared to my Samsung DVD-HD 950 universal player. However, I am a little dissappointed with the improvement. It is much less than I have expected. (Although I did not expect a sound heaven).

With my ipod + Aria, I enjoyed listening. In addition, I was impressed by DVD-HD 950 universal player + Aria combo. However, with 1072 + Aria, I feel something lacks. I got a feel that the Aria does not drive sound good enough from the 1072 cd player. I do not mean volume but "sound quality."

Aria is not good for Rotel 1072? Or 1072 and aria is not a good combo?

Any opinion?
confused.gif

P.S. In my opinion, my Samsung DVD-HD 950 is a really good universal player considering its price.

Edit: Playing HDCDs, the Rotel 1072 is amazing. A very wide soundstage, higher and deeper sound! I really like the HDCD playing with 1072.

Mar 22, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane
Could it be that the Rotel really is better and you just need time to adjust to the "new" sound of it?

Really? It is just a matter of time? I definitely hope so.
580smile.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #4 of 6
The Rotel should be much better than your previous player. I had the 1070 which isn't as good as the 1072, and I love the sound. That reminds me, I need to sell it. I have like 3 CD players, upgraded twice, and have been too lazy to sell my old stuff
frown.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321
The Rotel should be much better than your previous player. I had the 1070 which isn't as good as the 1072, and I love the sound. That reminds me, I need to sell it. I have like 3 CD players, upgraded twice, and have been too lazy to sell my old stuff
frown.gif

Yes, it should be. But with regular redbooks playing, not much different from my universal player. I can tell higher treble and deeper bass with a wider sound stage from 1072. However, considering the price, the sound improvement was not that huge.

Yet, HDCD playings, I came to find a different world: Wide Wide Wide Sound Stage with 3D. It is an amazing experience from 2D to 3D! I like it very much!
580smile.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:44 AM Post #6 of 6
Generally how long a CD player take for a good break-in?

Does it more than 100 hrs?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back