Corda Aria Issue
Aug 14, 2006 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

zancxia

100+ Head-Fier
confused.gif
confused.gif
So, I got my Aria today(!), and I'm all excited, and I'm hoping that it'll be everything I want it to be... I hope the sound quality won't be a cause for disappointment.....

But, I haven't had the chance yet! I don't know how good it'll be! Why? Good question. Well... I plugged the Aria up to my laptop, let the drivers install, then as it nears completion, the hour glass flashes several times, then gives me this:

code10.gif

A Code 10 Error message: "This device cannot start."

I went googling, I changed some registry permissions, uninstalled my usb drivers, uninstalled my laptop's soundcard, unplugged all the other usb devices I have, took the Aria off of the power strip and gave it its own plug, but I still can't get it to go.

This is soooo frustrating.

I don't know what to do. I'm using a new laptop, so I really don't think it's a usb power issue....
frown.gif

Have any Aria users had this problem? Any advice? gaaaaahhh

Edit: Oh, and Matt, I don't blame you... Unless it's the reason you dumped it. (j/k!) hahaha.... *sigh*

Aug 15, 2006 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 11
I guess I have it working now...

instead of installing as a USB Audio Driver, it is now a "USB Audio Device"

I have to turn the volume up nearly all the way to get to my preferred listening zone... is that normal? I normalize my tracks at 96%.

Aug 15, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by zancxia
I have to turn the volume up nearly all the way to get to my preferred listening zone... is that normal?

You have to set it to 100% in the mixer.
Use amplifier's volume knob to set the volume.

Aug 15, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

I have to turn the volume up nearly all the way to get to my preferred listening zone... is that normal? I normalize my tracks at 96%.

Was the owner's manual included with your purchase? If so, take a look at it.

As darky said, no that is not normal. Before turning the amp on make sure the volume on your soundcard/master volume is 100%. Once that is set, fire up the amp and use the volume knob for all other volume adjustments. For the time that I owned one I never got above 10-Noon on the volume knob. Granted I was using low impedance Grado's but you should definitely not be near max volume on the amp itself.

Aug 15, 2006 at 2:14 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

You probably solved your volume troubles by now, but aside from checking the Windows mixer, make sure the volume is set at 100% in Foobar. I only mention it since the volume control is hidden deep in the playback preference section, and I've known of some people not even aware that Foobar has volume control. But, like I said, I'm sure you've solved this by now.

Edit: I've also noticed with the Aria that my Windows volume routinely halves itself when turning the Aria on and off, depending on some variables I haven't quite figured out yet (sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't). It can be annoying. Correction, it is annoying.

Aug 15, 2006 at 11:18 AM Post #7 of 11
Thanks for the advice, everyone.

I was referring to the volume knob on the Aria--sorry, I didn't specify. Since my aria was installed as a "USB Audio Device," my only windows volume options are "Speaker" and "Wave" (I'll take a screen shot when I get home from work, but I've put them both to 100% in the meantime). I've made sure that foobar's volume is maxed. I'll try readygaining my tracks tonight, but I think that my volume issue might just be a matter of preference--not the aria. I used my laptop's onboard out (at max volume) through the RCA inputs in the back of the Aria, and I still had the volume turned nearly as high on the amp. (which might be kind of scary for my hearing)

Still, I read another post on the board about someone having to have their Aria past 3 o'clock with their HD600.... so maybe it's not just me.

Aug 15, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

...I think that my volume issue might just be a matter of preference--not the aria. I used my laptop's onboard out (at max volume) through the RCA inputs in the back of the Aria, and I still had the volume turned nearly as high on the amp. (which might be kind of scary for my hearing)

Still, I read another post on the board about someone having to have their Aria past 3 o'clock with their HD600.... so maybe it's not just me.

I am scared for your hearing also. I have different ears, of course, but with both the DT880 and HD580 I'm never past 12 o'clock, and usually closer to 10. I'm not sure what you're listening to. With older recordings--even some from the early 90s--I sometimes put it up a notch, but generally well below 3 o'clock.

Aug 15, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #9 of 11
You shouldnt need to have the volume on the Aria up all the way. If you're using USB, you need to go into 'sounds and audio devices' from the control panel and turn the volume up to max from there. Then adjust the volume on the Aria from there.

Aug 16, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #10 of 11
I just got my Aria 20mins ago.
basshead.gif
I didn't have the usb problem, my preferred listening zone is between 1-3 o'clock with ath-a700 cans. I have this one issue tho, the Aria took all of my base away!? Well, I wouldn't say all of em, but I'm just concerned about the sound quality from the unit. I wonder if this baby needs to warm itself up a little
confused.gif

Aug 16, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #11 of 11
Pssst.... try the Foobar Equalizer
wink.gif

Just 'auto level' it so it doesn't distort.... you might have to replaygain afterward since you already have the amp turned nearly all the way... You'll risk clipping though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back