Copying music from CD player onto SD card
Apr 22, 2014 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

leelec

New Head-Fier
Good Morning

I have a Panasonic Blueray DVD player.  It plays music CDs of course and there is an SD memory card slot.   Now I know it will play music from either but what I would like to know is this.   Is it possible to play a music CD in the player and 'record' it on an SD card?     I can do this on a computer I know but my computer doesn't happen to have a CD player - progress apparently!

Would appreciate some knowledgeable advice.   Thanks.

Lee

Apr 22, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #2 of 11
I would highly doubt that it would let you record from one media to another. It's technically possible, but due to copyright laws and such, not many manufacturers would make a product with that kind of functionality.

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #3 of 11
  Good Morning

I have a Panasonic Blueray DVD player.  It plays music CDs of course and there is an SD memory card slot.   Now I know it will play music from either but what I would like to know is this.   Is it possible to play a music CD in the player and 'record' it on an SD card?     I can do this on a computer I know but my computer doesn't happen to have a CD player - progress apparently!

Would appreciate some knowledgeable advice.   Thanks.

Lee

I'd doubt it - even if it could, if the CD isn't pre-tagged, you'd still need to fix the tags on a computer. External drives aren't too expensive, you can just get one and hook it up to a USB port on your computer when you need to rip a disc. I still have a fat, 5.25" DVD external drive lying around waiting for when I build my next gaming rig with no ODD.

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 11
Why would you not use something like itunes to rip the cd and then copy the tracks onto the sd card? Or am I missing something obvious?

Apr 27, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #6 of 11
It was several CDs that I was looking to put into iTunes so that I could play them on the iMac and iPad. In the end I used an external CD player which did the trick. I was just curious about the ability of playing a CD on the DVD player and recording it on a memory stick in the same player. Clearly not feasible. Thanks.

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #9 of 11
Just use a USB CD/DVD drive. 

Apr 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #11 of 11
Just to clarify David, I have the new iMac which doesn't have a DVD/CD player.

Ah, I did wonder if I had missed something obvious.  It's that lack of dvd drive that's putting me off upgrading my 2006 mac mini to the newer ones :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back