Copy Paper Suggestions Please
Nov 19, 2010 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ricksome

500+ Head-Fier
I have a project that requires printing on both sides of the paper. I tried 1 sheet of 20lb. paper and I could see the print on the other side of the page. I went to buy a heavier grade paper, The heaviest I could buy that was specified for ink printers was 24lb. paper. Heavier papers (28lb. & 32lb.) were available but they were specified for laser or color laser only. At 24lb., I still can see printing on the other side of the page. I tried printing in "fast" mode that uses less ink but I still can see the print on the other side of the page. Anyone care to chime in.

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #2 of 3
I was curious a while back about different types of paper, so I looked up Hammermill, as they produced a variety of paper.
They had this little program where you could ask for samples of several types of paper. I think it might have been for business use or something though, I just sent it to my workplace.
They send you almost like trial-size packets with like 10-25 sheets each. Worked pretty well for me, since I wanted to see the difference between the various thicknesses and glossy properties of their papers.
I'd say give that a shot.

That said, I'm almost certain 28lb and 32lb paper will work on an inkjet printer. My workplace still has an ancient HP PSC1200 printer and that accepts 60lb cover paper just fine.
If you're concerned about ink being visible on the other side, I'd really look into cover stock at least, if not card stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back