Copland Conducts Copland SACD and Sacred Feast
Dec 2, 2001 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Flumpus

Needs more Soylent Greento become Omega Man
Anyone else have this sacd? I just picked it up at Best Buy, and it sounds awesome! I have a HDCD version of Appalachian Spring, but this is just so much better!

The sound is just so full and has so much weight to it, but is delicate when it needs to be. Maybe that's my new cd player, but I'm just getting into SACDs and i'm very impressed so far
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, and does anyone have Sacred Feast? Oade sent me this with my 555 free apparently, and it sounds amazing. I let my roommate listen to it and he said it makes him want to get a good setup for listening to music
smily_headphones1.gif
It's multichannel, and it was recorded in a cathedral. They talk about the way the mics were positioned to get the multichannel, and it sounds like it was done right (unlike 52nd Street, I don't want drums behind me), so now I'm curious about that... May just have to add some more speakers
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2001 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 2
Flumpus,

I have both of these disc as well. The "Appalachian Spring" is very touching for me. There's something special about hearing Copeland conduct his own composition. You know you're hearing it the way he intended!

The Sacred Feast disc is a real treat in multi-channel. I listen to SACDs in 2 channel most of the time, but the m-c effects on this presentation are superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back