Cool cabling venture
Nov 29, 2010 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

cn11

Headphoneus Supremus

Just wanted to put up a post to let everyone know about the cabling work my friend Scott (warrior05 on HF) offers with his newly named audio venture. I got a LO cable for my new iPhone 4 from him (which includes the recommended 68K resistor inside), and service was super quick and responsive. He warranties his work for life. The cable functions flawlessly. Build quality is very solid.

He used to be known as [size=10.0pt]S² Audio, and is now DoH Audio. He offers the same services minus the custom wood working. [/size]

Check it out:
http://www.denofhiros.com/audio-of-hiros/

Jan 13, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 2
Just as a follow-up here, I just recently purchased Sony's new flagship headphone, the MDR-Z1000... and have been enjoying them immensely. Since they have a detachable cable, with a standard 3.5mm mini-plug, I decided to have Scott make me a headphone cable for them to see if there was any audio improvement over the already excellent stock one. I really didn't expect to hear a huge difference. But I just got his cable today, and holy sh*#, a huge difference is what I am hearing. On good studio recordings, everything is opened up. The biggest difference is the gain in soundstage size. Some songs just get massively bigger. Treble is more tactile and extended, and bass does get a little more taut. Honestly, I have always been a skeptic when I'd read peoples' comments which say there's a 'huge jump' in sound due to a new cable, but man, I didn't expect this nice development. Not bad for a $50 cable. And the beauty is I can use it with any of my other phones which have the mini-plug detachable cord (which includes the TMA-1, and inbound Ultrasone Pro 900). 

Fantastic work Scott!! I hope this venture continues to go very well for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back