cooking suggestions?
Jul 16, 2004 at 1:08 PM Post #16 of 22
How can you all forgot the All time headfiers favourite:

Instant Noodle

1. Boil water
2. Put noodles in and let it boil for 3-4 minutes
3. Put sauce and seasoning and stir
4. Enjoy.

And of cource, some instant noodle Connosieurs here can recommend you some other ways to cook instant noodle and maybe with some additional toppings / side dishes.

This is my personal favourite:

1. pick up phone
2. dial Dominos Pizza or Pizza Hut
3. Say order
4. Prepare money
5. After 40 minutes when a guy in uniform ring your doorbell, give the money to the person.
6. Delicious, fresh from oven Pizza ready to be served.

Jul 16, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #17 of 22
If you have a pressure cooker this is a superb recipe:

[size=large]Porcupine meatballs[/size]

1lb Minced beef
1 onion diced
one handful of long grain rice
1 level tsp salt
black pepper to taste
1 tin heinz cream of tomato soup

Ok... throw everything apart from the soup into a mixing bowl. Wash your hands and then mix everything up thoroughly using your hands. Form the mixture into small balls.

Add the tin of soup to the pressure cooker and then add the balls..... put lid on pressure cooker and bring up to pressure..... once you've reached pressure then leave to cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes let the pressure come off naturally (don't release it)

You are now presented with porcupine meatballs (the rice makes the balls look spikey)

Serve on a bed of spaghetti (coat spaghetti with butter and lots of black pepper) and grate some parmesan cheese over the top.

This "really" is an awesome dish.

Pinkie.

Jul 17, 2004 at 2:11 AM Post #18 of 22
phew...
before i read the ingredients, i was thinking you were actually using porcupine...
icon10.gif

Sep 7, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #19 of 22
Since you like Italian food, I would look at YouTube videos of Laura in the Kitchen. The reason why her cooking videos make sense is because she tends to use less ingredients and uses ingredients that are easy to find in any mainstream American supermarket.

The problem with a lot of recipes and cooking videos is that there’s too many ingredients and a lot of chefs especially celebrity chefs get gimmicky or flashy with goofy dishes that’s unrealistic to make for a casual weeknight.

Your goal should be good dishes that are easy, minimal ingredients and delicious. So Laura in the Kitchen is a good YouTube channel for that.

Sep 7, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #21 of 22
There are many frozen entrees you can easily heat up from the groceries nowadays. One of my favorite is beef with broccoli. I add more broccoli when I heat this in a pan after thawing it.

Beef With Broccoli.jpg

Sep 8, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #22 of 22
Beef Broccoli brings back old fun memories. I used to eat it all the time from a street lunch truck in the 90s in Philadelphia. It was the first time that I fell in love with Chinese food. I was actually obsessed with it like a guy madly falling in love. And I used to always order it spicy with the hot sauce.

When I think of Beef Broccoli it’s like thinking about an old dear friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back