Cooked TLE2426...
Dec 18, 2004 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

aeriyn

Headphoneus Supremus
Just finished everything on my redone pimeta.

A few of the parts I transported from the old board to the new (the expensive stuff... buffers, opamps) as well as the TLE2426 rail spiltter, primarily because I couldn't get it locally.

Upon connecting power to the amp for the first time, the rail splitter smokes. I know I did nothing wrong in this assembly; in fact I did much more right this time than I did last time. Oiy... was it perhaps damaged in transit from one board to the other? It had a soldering iron around it for a good long while, so maybe I destroyed it...

Dec 18, 2004 at 7:56 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX
Yea... they tend to do that when you overheat them.
You got a spare?

No. x.x But I bought another one from doobooloo. Until it gets here I'll be ampless though. Not a terrible fate; DT440s sound pretty decent straight out of the chaintech.

I should stock up on the cheapy parts like that in case I fry them. XD

Dec 18, 2004 at 8:04 AM Post #4 of 6
Wow that was a stupid question...
Why would I need to remove it from one board and solder it another if I had a spare?
My bad.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Dec 18, 2004 at 8:08 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX
Wow that was a stupid question...
Why would I need to remove it from one board and solder it another if I had a spare?
My bad.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

LOL

Dec 18, 2004 at 2:04 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriyn
I should stock up on the cheapy parts like that in case I fry them. XD

For things like the TLEs I have bought a lot of them since they are used in almost everything. For other parts I usually buy a few extras just in case something doesn't work right or I make a mistake. At some point you are bound to mess up and it is very nice to be able to continue instead of waiting for parts. The extra parts probably don't cost much more than shipping the second time around either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back