Convince me!
Jun 27, 2008 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rick_bond

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, first post here
smily_headphones1.gif

I need some new headphones, and had my hear set on the Beyer DT880's but I'll be doing alot of travelling soon so thats not going to be practical.

I've decided to go for canalphones, and have narrowed it down to three, the Shure SE530's, Ety ER4S or UE triple.fi's. My main priority is sound quality, with comfort a close second, I want to be able to wear them for the whole day.

I'm using an iriver H340 (rockboxed) with a cmoy, and listen to anything from Rage Against the Machine to Bach, so I want something as neutral sounding as possible, though I can EQ if needed.

I can get the Ety's for quite a bit less than the other two, so I need convincing that the Shures or UE's are worth it. I've heard that the Shures are the most comfortable, so that's definitely a big plus.

Any thoughts?

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 5
IMO you should get the 530s if you plan on wearing them whole day, TF10 might be uncomfortable

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 5
comfortability and sound quality imo shures are king but not the most flat thing but I refuse to buy uncomfortable ety's you shouldn't have to mod the tips to have a comfortable fit. Ever.

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:24 AM Post #5 of 5
The Etymotic tips are not any more uncomfortable that any other tips. It's just a matter of personal taste. If you have a longer, deeper ear canal the tri-flange tips may work. If you have smaller canals they may not. Foam tips also work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back