convince me to buy a micro
Apr 10, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 10
It's better than Ipod, for one thing. Better sound, smaller, in my opinion it looks better, removable battery, radio, voice recording, bookmarking, multiple on-the-fly playlists. There's probably more but I'm done for now.

Apr 10, 2005 at 11:15 PM Post #4 of 10
I am not trying to convince you cause thats just a waste of time. But i was wondering what the bookmarking does, I have the Micro and have always wondered that but ive never tried it...

Apr 10, 2005 at 11:15 PM Post #5 of 10
nothing in the UI changed with the new gen of mini's. Why is this thread getting responses? This is such an open ended and unanswerable question that i cant even begin to ask why the poster asked the question. If you want to know what is better about a micro than a mini, carbon, or H10 then ask that (actually dont, use the search feature and find out from the other 60 threads that are already active about this) , dont ask "why should i get a micro". I could ask why should i buy a boat, but its such a pointlessly openended question its worthless. I dont need a boat, do you need a micro? if so go buy one, if not dont. no biggie.

Sorry if this is harsh but this thread just feels so out of place and uncaring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonman111
I am not trying to convince you cause thats just a waste of time. But i was wondering what the bookmarking does, I have the Micro and have always wondered that but ive never tried it...

Its mainly for audiobooks, but it can also be used for recordings and any other audio format. Basically you set a bookmark when you are listening to whatever your listening to when you need to come back to something. For instance if you record a lecture and you want to set a bookmark to chapter 4 of the lecture you can just set the book mark later on after your done with the recording. Of course you can also just split the recording at chapter 4 while your recording. Also if you like a certain part of a song or you like a solo in a song you can set a bookmark right before that solo or part of the song so you can just jump there without fast forwarding.

Apr 10, 2005 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 10
plainface.gif
yeah cyclone i guess you're right.

Apr 11, 2005 at 5:08 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nuropa
yet zen micro still doesn't support audiobook format, so what's the point having bookmark?

When you record lectures for reference (as I do) and want to come back to a certain topic later.

Apr 11, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nuropa
yet zen micro still doesn't support audiobook format, so what's the point having bookmark?

you can have audiobooks encoded in mp3 by just buying the audiobook disk, you dont HAVE to buy from audible.com

Apr 12, 2005 at 9:53 AM Post #10 of 10
Its just better than the iPod in pretty much every way. I bought a 40Gb iPod on Friday and it's going back to the store because of how poor I found it compared to the Zen. Biggest difference is definately the sound quality, once you hear the Creative, you can't go back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back