Convince me I need these...
Jul 9, 2004 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

WillD

Head-Fier
My cheap $30 Panasonic HT-355s from Circuit City, that I bought 3 years ago, finally died. I had already broken the band, had to epoxy it back together.
frown.gif

I am going to college this fall, and I really need some headphones now(I need closed/sealed 'phones, hate to hear what is going on around me, and don't want anyone else to hear what I am listening to).

Ive read up on the options in my range ~$100, and It seems the Audio-Technica ATH-A500s would be the perfect cans for me. I hate to spend even the $116 from Audio Cubes, but I figure they will be an investment and should last me for years to come. Now convince me I should buy them.
biggrin.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2004 at 5:58 PM Post #4 of 50
Sometimes we regret those things we didn't do, more than those things we actually did.
Buy them, enjoy them and don't look back.
cool.gif

Jul 9, 2004 at 6:03 PM Post #5 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGig
Sometimes we regret those things we didn't do, more than those things we actually did.
Buy them, enjoy them and don't look back.
cool.gif

Excellent.
cool.gif

Jul 9, 2004 at 6:14 PM Post #7 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Yes, buy them.

But we are indemnified of future loss of funds due to the neverending spiral of upgradeitis that you may contract.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

smily_headphones1.gif

MORE!
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2004 at 6:41 PM Post #10 of 50
I bought the A500s for my niece (who is likewise heading off to college this fall). She's absolutely nuts about them. She runs them ampless out of her computer and has no difficulty getting the volume she wants.

Good luck in school!

Jul 9, 2004 at 6:43 PM Post #11 of 50
It's your money, so I say "Go for it!"

Follow up post if you like them: "Great to hear you love em! Glad I was able to help."

Follow up post if you don't like them: "Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you bro. I did have some reservations about recommending headphones that I never evaluated. Sometimes it's just a big crap-shoot. Damn the badluck!"

Jul 9, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #13 of 50
speakers in the dorm room invite huge parties with drunk louts dry humping dogs and ... nevermind. you are better off with your own set of 'phones. and college girls love em - nothing more sexy than a big set of cans!

Jul 9, 2004 at 7:31 PM Post #14 of 50
Buy em! First you will probably be the only one on campus with those 'phones as you can only get them in Japan... and second, you're doing a disservice to your music and your ears not getting "head-fi approved" cans.

Jul 9, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #15 of 50
Are you sure you don't want to go for the Sennheiser HD25-SP?
Or the Beyerdynamic DT231?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back