Converting SOHA to be used as preamp?
Jun 23, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #16 of 18
Just an FYI to complete my stuff in this thread - Put pics & more details in "A Packed SOHA" post in the huge build pics thread.

Jul 8, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #17 of 18
cfcubed: So the delay circuit you posted works fine? Thanks for posting it, looks much more cheaper and compact to build than a full e12. My headphones are still too cheap for an e12 circuit to protect it from turn on/off spikes AND DC offset protection, especially since the SOHA only has the former problem prevalent. Also I'm not too keen on having to unplug my headphones all the time.

Only changes are 220uF caps and DPDT relay right?

Jul 12, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eokboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cfcubed: So the delay circuit you posted works fine? Thanks for posting it, looks much more cheaper and compact to build than a full e12. My headphones are still too cheap for an e12 circuit to protect it from turn on/off spikes AND DC offset protection, especially since the SOHA only has the former problem prevalent. Also I'm not too keen on having to unplug my headphones all the time.
Only changes are 220uF caps and DPDT relay right?

Yep, it work fine... Only issue is I had to introduce output resistors cause the Grado SR-80s must be really efficient (using 300 ohm resistors). Also, only using tone stack like 1/3 of the time, so not really necessary & was a lot of work. You can use the same relay as the e12 I think (something like a low signal 12v non-latch?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back