Converting LG sound system (sub) to standard audio jacks.
Nov 26, 2010 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Technex

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Got myself a little project going. My dad was going to throw this sub (and the satellite speakers) which sound just amazing... Problem is he had threw the unit and system cable away.

I would like to get it working, just as a sub even for now. Problem I have is it accepts some kind of digital input...

Not sure if you could please provide some guidance on converting this to accept normal jack input, never attempted such a big audio DIY project.

Please take a look at the attached images of the two boards in the sub box.

Many thanks,

Laurence

Nov 27, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
The subwoofer you have is passive, its needs an amp. It seems you have parts of the receiver outside of its case... Why?

Crap, I was hoping the amp was part of the sub as it has a fan on it... I removed both the boards from the sub to try and find out more information on how they work and to picture.

It looks like one board is a kind of power supply and the other with the connectors on looks like a kind of amp. But I'm no expert in any means at all!

Nov 27, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #4 of 9
Ok...Now I'm confused. Those boards you have are from the sub? Do you have a model # of the sub or system? Can you put everything back together and take a picture of the rear of the sub?

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #7 of 9
Thanks John! :)

Fun little project indeed, but one which I'm not quite sure where to start with!!

Can't wait to get it working.

Can anyone provide me with some documentation or other advice please?

Laurence

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #8 of 9
Well you know what they say, if you can't beat them... Work around it :wink:.

After sick of seeing this going to waste I thought... No chance of converting the board so added a car amp!

Possibly the worst thing you guys have seen but it sounds amazing, never heard something as loud as this, even just from my laptop output... Quite tight too.

Will be keeping an eye on the voltages of the lead acid have many bigger ones, might hook it up to a power supply also :).

Tidy the wires up and job done! Listening to it now... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back